Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS - how many are there around?

Ghost said:
Had another call from OPC at lunchtime; "would you like to arrange a GTS test drive now?"

>needy!<

So Rich, did you leave the bloke "needing"? :D Or are you taking him up on his offer. :grin:

ResB said:
Ghost said:
Had another call from OPC at lunchtime; "would you like to arrange a GTS test drive now?"

>needy!<

So Rich, did you leave the bloke "needing"? :D Or are you taking him up on his offer. :grin:

The real question is, do I want to spunk the best part of £80k through the Porsche Depreciator? I think we both know the answer to that one! :hand:

GTS - how many are there around

Ordered mine. I knew they would be prepared to do a deal with the 998 on the way. I worked out the cost of a low spec car and they very much wanted me to take an existing car instead of placing a new order on the factory. As this was pre ordered it had a very high spec which I insisted I did not want and eventually got the extras for free. £10K!!!!

Sports Chrono, extended nav, leather, heated seats, telephone module, audio interface, park assist, metallic,cruise control, multi function wheel. all free

plus 2 K uplift on my 997 trade in.

They are scared of having stock left so go in now before they run out of pre built cars.

Re: GTS - how many are there around

paul mal said:
Ordered mine. I knew they would be prepared to do a deal with the 998 on the way. I worked out the cost of a low spec car and they very much wanted me to take an existing car instead of placing a new order on the factory. As this was pre ordered it had a very high spec which I insisted I did not want and eventually got the extras for free. £10K!!!!

Sports Chrono, extended nav, leather, heated seats, telephone module, audio interface, park assist, metallic,cruise control, multi function wheel. all free

They are scared of having stock left so go in now before they run out of pre built cars.

Is it a PDK?

If so, keep the mileage sensible and I'll give you £30k cash in 2016.

:mrgreen:

No its manual I still have working muscles in my left arm. I do prefer manual although I could be swayed but all the reports from the "informed" people say manual is still best.

I'll run it in for you then!!!

GTS

Been reading all the posts on here for several weeks and decided to finally write something. Picking up a gts in a couple of days and so f...ing excited. The mrs is not interested in listening to me but guess I have found some fellow Porsche lovers here!. Have been driving these cars for the last 12 years and I have enjoyed each and every mile I have driven in all of them. I am not thinking of any financial loss and just looking forward to getting out into the country and letting the sound of that uprated engine and PSE put a large smile on my face. The aesthetics and specification of the GTS is superb. Anyway, hello to you all and look forward to reading all your posts.will post some pics later in the week once I decide to get out of it.

Re: GTS

Simonc said:
...Picking up a gts in a couple of days and so f...ing excited.
:yes:

Simonc said:
...The mrs is not interested in listening to me....
:yes: :grin:

Simonc said:
...I am not thinking of any financial loss and just looking forward to getting out into the country and letting the sound of that uprated engine and PSE put a large smile on my face.
:yes: :grin: :thumb:

sidlo said:
I too would not go for centre lock as the fitting of winter tyres will mean another set of very expensive rims me thinks :nooo:

...Take it from someone who knows...centre lock wheels are a nightmare,
if you can avoid them...do it !!!! :frustrated:

GTS

After 4 black cars had no choice but to go for the exact opposite
Spec is carrera White with leather/alcantara
VTS Tracker
Windscreen with top tint
Rear seats
Universal audio interface
BOSE Surround sound system
Telephone module
Extended navigation module
Heated seats
Sport chrono package plus
Auto dimming mirror
Parkassist
PDK gearbox
Sports seats back rests in exterior colour
Rear section of centre console in exterior colour

I know it's the colour of the moment but it looks great in White. If I get bored I can always wrap it!

Re: GTS

Simonc said:
Been reading all the posts on here for several weeks and decided to finally write something. Picking up a gts in a couple of days and so f...ing excited. The mrs is not interested in listening to me but guess I have found some fellow Porsche lovers here!. Have been driving these cars for the last 12 years and I have enjoyed each and every mile I have driven in all of them. I am not thinking of any financial loss and just looking forward to getting out into the country and letting the sound of that uprated engine and PSE put a large smile on my face. The aesthetics and specification of the GTS is superb. Anyway, hello to you all and look forward to reading all your posts.will post some pics later in the week once I decide to get out of it.

Well, I went and picked it up with him today. Magnificent! He's a happy boy!

Amazing how someone can grin solidly for 2 1/2 hours driving. Good man.

I wish my comrade many thousands of GTS happiness!

Attachments

• img_0493_190.jpg
    img_0493_190.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4,441
  • img_0507_174.jpg
    img_0507_174.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 4,441
  • img_0508_869.jpg
    img_0508_869.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 4,441
  • img_0509_629.jpg
    img_0509_629.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,441
Thanks mate. Great to have the company.still can't get the smile off my face! :D

Re: GTS - how many are there around

T8996C4 said:
paul mal said:

Is it a PDK?

If so, keep the mileage sensible and I'll give you £30k cash in 2016.

:mrgreen:

Offer transferred to Mr SimonC as PDK is a must have.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yep pdk, thanks for the offer but don't think I will be parting with this one for a long, long time! :D

GTS

I had a 24 hr test drive in the GTS pdk + a blast round Silverstone in one

Great car and I was tempted for a brief moment but with 996 Turbo S + a 9934S can't justify it

But give me two years and the search will be on for one

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back