Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the one best thing you've added to your car?

Also, over the sunny weekend I realised I had fogotten to add my Smart-top.

Nice for the one touch operation but mainly so I can put up my rear windows with my roof down. It really improve the lines.

Peter

Sports Exhaust !

:yahoo:

5`5, 105 lbs, size 4 feet, addicted to kendals,tanned and smells like heaven,added to the passenger seat.

teetooshuggerz :floor: :floor:

Hmmmmm......don't know. I can't say mines missing anything if truth be told. The sports exhaust is starting to look a bit roapy with a few cracks on the folded flangy bit (Can they be rewelded????)

Got these going on soon:
180401_10150378405650043_738945042_17054148_7662634_n.jpg

180300_10150378406585043_738945042_17054153_4660212_n.jpg

teetooshuggerz said:
5`5, 105 lbs, size 4 feet, addicted to kendals,tanned and smells like heaven,added to the passenger seat.

Hmm - people keep telling me that I should get one of those, but I would have to get the corner weighting redone... :dont know:

teetooshuggerz said:

Just be careful, when it starts to look a bit roapy with a few cracks on the folded flangy bit they CAN'T be rewelded.

GT4 said:
teetooshuggerz said:

Just be careful, when it starts to look a bit roapy with a few cracks on the folded flangy bit they CAN'T be rewelded.

Nope but a good bodyshop can sort it out for you as much as possible if needs be

I'd rather just chop it in (you wouldn't think it was St Valentine's Day, would you?).

I'm confused now...are we talking about 5`5, 105 lbs, size 4 feet, addicted to kendals,tanned and smells like heaven, added to the passenger seat.
Or welding my exhausts :eek:

Either way with the car in the up on stands at the mo I was a little worried at the state of the manifold studs, I can't see them comming of in a hurry :nooo:

Goddam Blakburriz, fat digits, wait till ut work nooow

I'd like a Switchable Sports Exhaust for my 996.1 (or for that matter any Sports exhaust with a throaty sound) but was rather put off by the £3,400 price tag.

Do people really spend that much on an upgraded exhaust or can they be got cheaper somewhere?

Assuming you don't find an OPC doing a sale, or get one off the back of eBay, I guess that leaves similar high-end sports exhausts or spend between £175 and £300 and get an Oettle bypass done by your local TIG welder.

Had mine done at Haywood and Scott in Essex for £250.

997 Short shifter. For 1 hours work and £200, about the best value/satisfying performance upgrade out there :thumb:

Other things, descending cost:
1. KWv3 suspension upgrade (Center Gravity)
2. GT3 rollbars (Center Gravity)
3. Spacers and extended bolts to get the rims to fill the arches properly
4. Can of tyre foam and get rid of the spare (great little performance mod!)
5. Colour coded Key fob

Something for everyone :)

Very happy with all mine and they are reversible.

In prefered order:

Graphite alloys
Kenwood double din for satnav and iPod
Led rears sidelights and number plate lights
Clear front indicator bulbs
Rear blade wiper

I want to get the exhaust bypass done but I don't want it too be too loud because I park on the street and do a lot of motorway miles and I can't stand a drone. At the risk of highjacking this thread, is there a pipe diameter which is a good trade off between noise and comfort?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back