Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What year was the Tracker and Fob System Introduced?

Jam911

Albert Park

Can anyone tell me please?

I have tried Googleing it, but can't find an answer

Thanks

My C2S (Jan 05) didn't have it, but my current car (Nov 06) does. I assume therefore that MY06 cars specified with a tracker had the "fob" system. No doubt someone like GT4 with greater knowledge than me, will be along with a definitive answer.

One thing I do know for sure is that a non-Porsche tracker will invalidate the warranty, because the OPC who bought my C2S said they would rip the "Tracker" tracker out if they could find it.

Jam911 said:

Can anyone tell me please?

I have tried Googleing it, but can't find an answer

Thanks
Good question this.
Mine is Sept 2006 and Cobra have no record of it. I have the installation cert.
When I bought the car the lady didn't have any knowledge of a fob or card :?:
The build spec says: 1674 Vehicle Tracking system Preparation
1677 Driver card antenna
:?:

Porsche VTS was available on all 2006 cars
they all come pre wired hence you can see it on the spec sheet.
But the units were a dealer fit option, costing about £1000

You may have a 'thatcham installation ' certificate?

If cobra still deny that your car has it, ring teh supplying dealer their invoice records should show whether they fitted it or not

Was it MY2007 cars that had no choice but to include the Tracker when spec'g their car. I can't remember if it was even an option when I spec'd my 2006 ('06) but either way mine came without the Tracker. It was possibly wired for it though as Mark says. (I didn't know that).

ResB said:
Was it MY2007 cars that had no choice but to include the Tracker when spec'g their car. I can't remember if it was even an option when I spec'd my 2006 ('06) but either way mine came without the Tracker. It was possibly wired for it though as Mark says. (I didn't know that).

If I'm not mistaken, VTS preparation (I-674) was introduced as an option from start of production of the 997, and specced as a mandatory option for the UK market by Porsche Cars GB due to UK insurers insistence on use trackers for more expensive cars. The actual tracker unit is not fitted at the factory.

I have no idea, sorry

nevoptom said:
how would you know if you do have a tracker on the car?
Have you tried speaking to the previous owner?
Alternatively, although pain staking, try calling some of the more popular companies who sell them.
They will be able to do a run on your chassis number and advise accordingly.
Let's know how it goes.

nevoptom said:
how would you know if you do have a tracker on the car?

If you are not paying a subscription to a service provider, you surely don't have an operating tracker on your car?

You could find out if you have the Porsche OEM tracker preparation kit (I-674) fitted by removing the front bumper from your car. You'd find the plastic bracket for the transmitter attached to the top of the extruded aluminium bumper beam. (In fact, you should also see I-674 listed on the spec label for your car inside the bootlid - or did they stop doing that on the 997?).

An after-market tracker transmitter could be anywhere.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back