Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Breaking News: The new limited 911 Black Edition announced

I don't have any issues with this one - just a bit of extra kit thrown in free for people who are ordering a base 911. Call it value. Also of course - the 3.6 is the one that royally sticks 2 fingers up at the silly emissions based tax rules (falling down into band K - below the punitive top two bands). :wink:

Wizzard 993 wrote: ...this will depreciate fast(IMO).
Best wait until the new model arrives later this year.

I think we have to appreciate that very few mainstream Porsches will hold their value after 3 years these days and these run out versions I think will be more desirable and as such retain better residuals.

Willing to bet the 998 will lose value as quickly as the 997 does now from new. Hope so anyway as an 18 month to 2 year old 998 is on my radar. :)

Tho do a very similar thing in most restaurants, only its called a "Chefs Special", ie, just about to reach its sell-by-date :food:

My take on the 911 Black Edition.

If you specced a standard Carrera 2 to the same specification as the Black Edition it would cost over £6000 more.

Porsche giving you £6000 of kit free sounds good to me.Although some of it I would not spec my car but happy to have it for free.

Only issue is I am not convinced about black cars but I love the Turbo II alloys.

Kez said:
Tho do a very similar thing in most restaurants, only its called a "Chefs Special", ie, just about to reach its sell-by-date :food:

:nooo:

Attachments

• adrover25_145.jpg
    adrover25_145.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 8,685
Was at Porsche yesterday to collect retention certificate etc and checked out the GTS they had there !

Have ordered POPULAR PLUS stickers for it now.

Also found out they sold my car :sad:

Gav,

This black beauty is a bit of you. :thumb:

I have decided to hold out for the 998 'Black Classic GTS Limited Edition' available in approx 6 years time. Sorry no spy pics or prices yet.

Until then I'm sticking with my bog standard silver S Edition :lol:

lol. I like it actually. :thumb:

Looks great, if you like it, buy it, let's be honest there's no point buying a Porsche for investment reasons (with the rare exception)..... And you don't know how much the new model will cost yet!

nick w said:
Well, I like it too....the interior looks very sinister ..love the wheels and
black calipers... :thumb:

--

+1 here, model types and marketing apart, those are beautiful objects..

Also found out they sold my car :sad:

Gav,

--

How long will you be Porscheless?

I'm liking this new black edition too :thumb: Is that the flat black they're showing in the pictures? Looks good actually as do those Turbo II wheels. Not seen any modern Porsche in this colour before as almost everyone who orders a black car go for the Basalt option.

~ Maxie

j8fbr said:
Also found out they sold my car

Think I saw your old car on the A25 earlier today Jose. Can't be certain, but there aren't that many cobalt C2Ss around

Evil_C said:
j8fbr said:
Also found out they sold my car

Think I saw your old car on the A25 earlier today Jose. Can't be certain, but there aren't that many cobalt C2Ss around

...not with those pink furry dice, they looked kind of...well different ! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back