Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant Temp Indicator Failure warning

kash

Hi, hoping someone knows what could be at fault here. In my 997 mainly In the mornings like today (7 degrees outside, damp) when the engine starts cold, after say a couple of minutes I get a info warning on the centre display of an indicator failure and the coolant temp sign, and the red bar on the coolant temp dial flashes. At this stage the tempersture dial is still at 0, it does this for a minute and goes off and then repeats (warning and flashing light). Then it goes off, no warning In the Info menu and no flashing, it's at this point the bar starts to rise. From then on all is ok and it rises to the middle and behaves as normal.

Anyone had this before, know what it could be?

Thanks

Do you have the required amount of coolant in the header tank?

Otherwise I might check the system for blockages or pump issues.

I'll double check tonight but I think so. If it's the temp sensor then I've already been quoted 360 odd to fix which isn't so nice.

Sensor fault

I've just had the same problem on my 2007 reg. Rang the OPC. They're calling it in next week to replace the coolant sensor. Apparently if left as is it will lead to engine starting problems.

Oh, so yours works most of the time but sometimes does that same pattern then?

I might just get them to change the sensor then.

Sensor problem

You probably should. Apparently it's an easy enough job, but they have to drain and refill the coolant system which adds a little time. At least they recognised the problem straight away so it must be fairly common.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back