Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Advice

Carlouk

Purchased my 2005 C2s last year November from an OPC. The salesman who sold the car said that it had the rms done, new clutch and discs and pads all round. Took the car to a 911 clinic at Bolton OPC (who are great by the way) on Saturday as I wanted to check the car was ok before renewing the warranty they advised the front discs and pads need changing to renew warranty. I said it was impossible as they were changed only 10k ago, he checked on the system and said the notes stated new rear discs and pads but the fronts had just been re-drilled and cleaned. I have nothing in writing but where do I stand can I get anything out of the OPC I purchased from? Help, the whole reason I went for this car was the fact that I would probably have 2 years trouble free minimal cost motoring, otherwise I would've leased a new M3 or something.

Probably nothing.

As much as a verbal agreement is theoretically legally binding, it is the proof that poses the problem.

It would be particularly problematic if the claim regards an assertion of a "grade" of spec. ie did he or you misrepresent or misunderstand a description of the brakes being "as new" (ie the performance may be considered equivalent on a reconditioned disc, but obviously not its longevity).

If it wasn't in the written spec or invoice, there is no evidence either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if the salesman has already moved on.

+1

I know it doesn't help but if EVERYTHING is not in writing, and that includes confirming a conversation with a follow up email, you don't have any recourse.

However I think it would still be worth going back to to the original OPC - good luck!

I know the chap is still there so I'll give him a call tomorrow and chase it up. There was no mistake on my part he certainly described the car as having had new discs and pads all round going as far as to state that in the past they used to skim the discs on used cars bu they weren't allowed to do that anymore.

Worst case scenario what's the going rate for an oem set of front discs and pads plus labour, not bothered if it's done at an indy, I'm in Preston, Lancs by the way if anyone can reccomend anywhere.

Thanks.

Hi in my experience OPC's are excellent when you go to the with a problem , you only have to read my thread on "OPC gives new tires" to see they can be very fair and fall on side of the customer when issues arise.

If you get no joy from the dealer then best to call Porsche customer services direct as they have been most helpful every time I have had to call them.
Good luck

Infuriating isn't it. I had a similar issue with "verbal" promises a while ago, however, I was able to resolve issues amicably. I'd speak with the original OPC but all they'll do is deny it.

The cost varies quite a bit.

I was quoted £850 for front discs and pads and £150 for a brake fluid change also. After a bit of haggling and looking what I could do the job for myself (about £550 which was the cost of original Porsche Parts, the labour was obviously zero), I managed to secure a great price from the OPC for £600 all in so it wasn't worth me getting my hands dirty. As it turned out there was a huge issue with the front callipers which Porsche very kindly replaced in good faith. So really lucky to have taken the decision for the OPC to replace the Discs etc. I had a good day that day!

Off-topic for a bit....but ResB - are you hinting at a possible new car in your signature....? Please tell all!

~ Maxie :)

bently300 said:
Hi in my experience OPC's are excellent when you go to the with a problem

:floor: :floor: :floor:

I recognise you did state 'in my experience' but couldn't help laughing at this, sorry...!
OPC's should be shot - in the main.

oh, in my experience..

spectraluk said:
bently300 said:
Hi in my experience OPC's are excellent when you go to the with a problem

:floor: :floor: :floor:

I recognise you did state 'in my experience' but couldn't help laughing at this, sorry...!
OPC's should be shot - in the main.

oh, in my experience..

Can you elaborate on why you :floor: :floor: :floor:as we need real world examples to understand why you would shoot them.......

As said I have nothing but praise for Sutton Coldfield OPC

nope - said it all before in previous threads and can't be arsed to go through it all again...
suffice to say, it does appear from here that northern based dealers appear to provide a better service than southern (IMO).

Guildford, Reading and Bournemouth all provide contradicting advice to one another and so now, I just stick with GT One in Chertsey, who are an honest indy..

Maxie said:
Off-topic for a bit....but ResB - are you hinting at a possible new car in your signature....? Please tell all!

~ Maxie :)

I wish. I just think if I were in the market for a new Carrera then the GTS is quite possibly the best value and feature rich 911 available today. Great looking car.

I'll certainly get another one day but I doubt I'll be back to the marque for a few years yet and hopefully a couple of years isn't too optimistic. :dont know:

ResB said:
I wish. I just think if I were in the market for a new Carrera then the GTS is quite possibly the best value and feature rich 911 available today. Great looking car.

I'll say! If they did this in 4wd, I'd certainly be on the look-out too.

~ Maxie

opc`s

In my expierience opc `staff` are in the process of raising as much cash as possible from you and then drive home in their `fiesta pop`. the opc`s are generally, if not all, franchised and could be selling skodas, opc chester is `corkhills`, i had a brake fluid change @ chester and less than 2k miles later when i renewed with a 2yr warranty the fluid was dirty! nuff said! they would not budge, it seems you have to pay around a grand on top of your warranty in works to the standard. so on that calculation, go for a 2 yr jobby and save a grand. they also fitted parts without my permission(sue me!) parts that were not needed,etc,etc. the `girl` and i`m not sexist talked rubbish about car maintenance issues.
Porsche cars of great britain just backed them up.
i have used bolton for parts, spot-on , and wilmslow for service,spot-on and porsche assist, perfect service,if in doubt, pay up, great sevice.
as for your discs pads. if you can measure them accurately then it is not an opinion, the measurements are fact! and check agaist spec.
its worth asking the question that as a wear&tear item, as the discs&pads are, then why should the have to be renewed? as they are NOT covered by the warranty!
will they insist on all stone chips get touched in? or the ash tray is empty also?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back