Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Old v New Cayenne

tp81

Suzuka
Some images of the new Cayenne in the car park that reminds me I have the old model. :lol:

Attachments

• cay_comp_152.jpg
    cay_comp_152.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 1,926
  • cay_comp3_311.jpg
    cay_comp3_311.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 1,926
  • cay_cop2_200.jpg
    cay_cop2_200.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 1,926
  • comp4_178.jpg
    comp4_178.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,926
Is the new one smaller than yours? I think the later design is slightly better.

~ Maxie

I think it is actually bigger, certainly it has slightly more legroom in the back.

Probably bad camera angle / pictures.

The new design is better, sleeker profile when you see them up close.

Its never going to be the best looking. Great to drive and ok off road.

It's slightly longer, narrower and much lighter (something like 180kgs!)

Length
4846mm New
4782mm Old

Width
2155mm New
2200mm Old

Height
1705mm New
1699mm Old

GT4 said:
It's longer, but much lighter (something like 180kgs!)

I wonder from where? I'm guessing bonnet, doors and tailgate made of aluminium, most suspension components and more engine components than before? Gearbox casing from Aluminium? 180kgs is a heck of a lot.

~ Maxie

Don't tell anyone, but the first one was made to be a proper off-roader, this one isn't.

The drive systems (including old gearbox and heavy-duty 4WD mechanicals, low range gearbox and locking diffs) and complex suspension have been jettisoned to save almost 10% weight.

The Cayenne S sheds 180kg even though it adds an additonal 70kg more standard equipment!

A new production process for the doors saves 39kg, ditching the transfer case with its low speed gearing 50+kg. Aluminium chassis components shaves a further 16kg. The optical biased wiring loom is 10kg lighter.

The Cayenne's bodyshell uses "smart steel" for the body structure (variable thickness and welding techniques) with an aluminum bonnet, doors/tailgate.

GT4 said:
Don't tell anyone, but the first one was made to be a proper off-roader, this one isn't.

Don't tell anyone, DMS have altered the boost on my Turbo S. Goes like the wind, faster than the new turbo. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back