Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Schumaker tries to kill Barrichello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exception that proves the rule. :D

Schumaker does it (to a greater or lesser degree) every GP.

orangecurry said:
Exception that proves the rule. :D

Schumaker does it (to a greater or lesser degree) every GP.

Maybe that's why he is a multiple F1 champion? Rubens should know MS well by now and should have gone to the left instead of putting himself in the Germans "gunsight"

MS gives nobody room to pass......maybe Rubins just forgot :dont know:

If you know a certain dog bites why would you put your hand near it's mouth??

If RB had gone to the left, MS would have gone left too; hanging RB out to dry on the grass... :floor:

Michael Schumacher's arrogance can no longer be tolerated in Formula One:

Should he stay or should he go? The jury was out on Michael Schumacher even before he attempted to send Rubens Barrichello to heaven in Hungary. Has the picture changed in the wake of Sunday's grand prix? Yes, but not because he is a dangerous and controversial racer – we knew that already. He should walk away because he's no longer fast enough and his overbearing arrogance can no longer be excused as that of a ruthless winning machine.

Schumacher was not exactly a paragon of virtue during his first career. Damon Hill in 1994. Jacques Villeneuve in 1997. David Coulthard in 1998. He even strong-armed his own brother Ralf once. It was part of what made him Michael Schumacher. Unapologetically aggressive – and brilliantly fast. Outside of Germany and Ferrari people didn't much like him or his smugness. But that was fine. You couldn't argue with his achievements.

Not so any more. Schumacher qualified eight places behind Nico Rosberg in Budapest – the latest proof that he has lost the pace that once made him such an unstoppable force. His skills are clearly on the wane. He may have one last hurrah. On his day, when the car is dialled in, when the conditions are perfect, he can still match his younger team mate. But is it really worth hanging on in the unlikely hope that things will improve next year to such an extent that he can challenge for the title? I don't think so.

In the meantime we can only expect more of the same. Schumi's attitude and demeanour – his refusal to apologise to Barrichello was outrageous but hardly surprising – are doing his legacy irreparable damage. As one senior F1 figure told me after the race on Sunday night: 'Michael's no longer fast enough – and now he's lost the plot too."

Tom Cary, The Telegraph's Formula One Correspondent, a post to which he was appointed in December 2008.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...ce-can-no-longer-be-tolerated-in-formula-one/

...just because an typical jorno says something does not make him right! They are only trying to discredit MS in the same way England football managers often get kicked to oblivion when they are down. I read this kind of crap and I cannot help thinking that they only want/wish MS out of F1 just because he is German and probably still one of the best(if not the best) drivers on the grid.

I firmly believe that if MS was in a Red Bull he would be leading the championship. The Merc is a bit of a dog and he is not having a good season thus far. He still wants to win and if Ross Brawn can get the car working MS will win GP's...much to the collective English jorno's annoyance.

For sure he is not perfect but to accuse him of trying to actually kill Barrichello is a tad OTT.

Oh and as someone said....how many championships has brundle, coulthard and co actually won? zero, 0, zippo, nothing.

Motorsport/F1 is VERY dangerous and exciting and great drivers such as Shumi, Mansell and Senna etc have helped to make it so.......that's why we watch it(or use to) right?? or do we now prefer some of the modern talentless wimps that win nothing take little or no chances and play follow the car ahead???

wizard993 said:
...just because an typical jorno says something does not make him right! They are only trying to discredit MS in the same way England football managers often get kicked to oblivion when they are down. I read this kind of crap and I cannot help thinking that they only want/wish MS out of F1 just because he is German and probably still one of the best(if not the best) drivers on the grid.

I firmly believe that if MS was in a Red Bull he would be leading the championship. The Merc is a bit of a dog and he is not having a good season thus far. He still wants to win and if Ross Brawn can get the car working MS will win GP's...much to the collective English jorno's annoyance.

For sure he is not perfect but to accuse him of trying to actually kill Barrichello is a tad OTT.

I think you are a F1 driver......

Fuchs said:
wizard993 said:

I think you are a F1 driver......

Only on the x-box Fuchs :floor: but I do try to be fair and think that MS is getting a really rough time by people inside and outside of F1 who should know better.

wizard993 said:

Oh and as someone said....how many championships has brundle, coulthard and co actually won? zero, 0, zippo, nothing.

Motorsport/F1 is VERY dangerous and exciting and great drivers such as Shumi, Mansell and Senna etc have helped to make it so.......that's why we watch it(or use to) right?? or do we now prefer some of the modern talentless wimps that win nothing take little or no chances and play follow the car ahead???

Absolutely correct! If Michael were English he would be referred to as a likeable rogue and everything would be forgiven. At worst he would be given a loving slap on the wrist and told to be good , just like a doting mother to her son.

All this "that killer German" nonsense is just that .... NONSENSE. He is a racing driver and will, by competitive instinct defend his position robustly.What do you expect? :roll: To say that he tried to kill another driver is total hog wash.... .

And another thing .... LOL :D

This unfair treatment of Michael just because he took a firm line with that also ran Hill reminds me of the treatment meted out to that other great sportsman Maradonna........

If the English would come to the realisation of where there place was on the pecking order and tried to address their own shortcomings rather than sling dirt on every genius that showed them up many years previously it might suit them better! :bandit: :D

Jealousy and bitterness are trait's in people that I dislike and its clear to me that it is this that is this fuelling some of the bad press coming out of the UK for MS who has put so many British drivers to the sword over the years.

Schumi is no saint but saints don't win modern GP's but he is certainly NOT going to attempt to kill someone in a F1 car when he knows he could end-up killing himself also.

Yes MS is a very tough race driver, intimidating, uncompromising and absolutely ruthless. As I said I would have been very wary if I were Rubens trying to take MS on the left at that point on the track(with a wall) and surely he did not expect MS to make it easy :roll:

F1_Dragon said:

says it all really. :finger:

Shumi is in front(not alongside Rubins) so he is entitled to squeeze him. Rubens kept going so he made matters worse by keeping his foot planted until he was alongside the German who was defending his position.

says it all really :hand:

hot off the press from RB himself:

'It was a go-kart manoeuvre," said Barrichello, who accused Schumacher of trying to settle old scores. 'If he wants to go to heaven before me he can; I don't want to go to heaven.

I have a lot of experience and usually with a crazy guy like that I would lift off, but not today, absolutely not. He's taking something from the past into the present and there's no need for that.

'It was the most dangerous manoeuvre against me I have ever known."

So Rubens now freely admits that he probably should have lifted off rather than put himself in a MS "bear trap" :wack: :wack: :wack:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back