Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

buying a cayenne

doctorlanning

Silverstone
looking to buy a cayenne, hoping to get some advice on models, year, spec etc...all thoughts welcome
thanks in advance

Cayenne S or GTS is all you will ever need.

They all eat tyres and pads/disks so check condition. I can squeeze 21/23mpg out of my S

20, 21 or 22" alloys are a PITA and wreck the ride/comfort....I went back to the 19" alloys. Air suspension os an option and worth considering on the right car.

Water pumps on the 4.5 and above usually go at about 35k miles.

The early cars had driverside airbag wiring looms issues. Most have been rectified but check for work done.

Handles like no 4X4 has any right to :eek:

Well built and a tough interior :thumb:

Just a quick question on this, how might you detect the Air suspension? is there an obvious button in the cabin or is this optional extra more subtle?

doctorlanning said:
looking to buy a cayenne, hoping to get some advice on models, year, spec etc...all thoughts welcome
thanks in advance

avoid Gen 1 3.2 models, so under powered that mpg is awful

they do drive like no other and very car like and as per wizard993, avoid anything on 20" rims

Facelift models from 2007 are an improvement, but 4.5 S models are a bargain but are getting on and any kind of warranty is a must

VFM on larger engined models offset extra petrol costs and most models have all the main options, of course all subject to budget!

for air suspension, there are ride height settings on the lower central consol

on my must do's is driving a Cayenne Turbo for a lap of the Nurburgring :)

Attachments

• cayenne_air_suspensions_409.jpg
    cayenne_air_suspensions_409.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,500
ditto - stay clear of the 3.2's. The valve train is poor and it's underpowered.

I recently converted my 4.5s to LPG with flashlub. 1,500 miles on and I am saving a packet.

Go for ones with <60k miles. S/history is a must. The 4.5's is a genuine bargain.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back