Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cracking dashboard prevention

Tappo

Hello,
I have a 944 with a dashboard that is yet to crack which I understand is a fairly common problem, I have only just got the car but keen to prevent this happening, it will not be garaged (I think it may have been previously) so will be in sunlight, does anyone have any advice on this rather than me just chucking a giant dollop of cardboard on the dash?

Thanks.

Tappo said:
Hello,
I have a 944 with a dashboard that is yet to crack which I understand is a fairly common problem, I have only just got the car but keen to prevent this happening, it will not be garaged (I think it may have been previously) so will be in sunlight, does anyone have any advice on this rather than me just chucking a giant dollop of cardboard on the dash?

Thanks.

Hi Tappo,

Good to see someone who has a Porsche other than a 911 come onto the forum. :)

As regards the cracked dash problem I have to say that your cardboard screen solution is probably the only alternative if the dash is vinyl.
The problem is that Vinyl does degrade with light and become brittle.
Vinyl is non porous and cannot be softened by applying a cream as you can do with leather.
You could try leaving a window open slightly to keep the car a little cooler I suppose. :dont know:

Thanks Achtung,
I was worried that may be the case.
A 911 one day, but we all got to start somewhere right!

dont get a 911, theyre rubbish!

My californian 911 came with a 'dash lopper'. I lopped it in the bin - long time ago but I bet they still exist......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back