Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2008 boxter S servicing and Tyres

anthonyhartleyd

Hi all

my first time on the forum.

was hoping I might be able to get some help. My car is due is 2yer/2ok service next month. first question is this classed as major or minor? and can anyone suggest a place to get it done cheap? Also if I cont have it done at the dealership where I got it (stratstones) will it effect the resale?

ok second one I am going to be needing a new set of rear tyres ( on turbo alloys). Again any suggestions on when and where would be a good place to start looking for a deal.?

I live in stockport manchester.

hope you can help

Tony

anthonyhartleyd said:
I live in stockport manchester.

Your a lucky man Tony.

If you decide to go the indy route You live near Sports and Classic's. They advertise on this site. They also run a maintenance plan so you can spread the cost over the year. Mike also gets great reviews from this site and PH :thumb: . I have my car on his scheme.

cunno

Hi Cunno

so am i right in thinking that although the dealers disprove of going indi it makes no odds on resale?

anthonyhartleyd said:
Hi Cunno

so am i right in thinking that although the dealers disprove of going indi it makes no odds on resale?

I wouldn't say that.

For a lot of people the Porsche service stamp is everything, and they wouldn't buy a car with out it. There are a lot of good indy garages out there, who can do just as good a job IMO, for a more reasonable price.

It really depends IMO on how old the car is and how long you intend to keep it. The older the car, the more people will except the indy stamp in the service book, and therfore increase your potential resale market.

If I was trying to resale the car to an OPC, I would expect them to offer less if it had indy stamps in the book.

It's a tough decision on which way to go, but due to the new warranty system and that I have, and still intend to mod my car as parts ware out the car wouldn't qualify for the warranty, therefore the indy route made more sence to me.

Only you can decide which route is best for you.

cunno.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back