Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 911 needs some love - Please Help

HADRE001

Hi, I have a a late 1970s 911 Targa with a turbo body and I live in the west midlands :)

I took it to a garage a couple of years ago to have it resprayed and a few jobs done .. and well ... long story BUT i got screwed.
After going through lawyers i eventually got my car back but it wiped me out financially at the time and have had to park the project now.

I have a few things that need to be sorted out on the car

Targa roof repaired (they ripped it only a small tear) Including brocken one handle
spoiler (the rubber part now needs replacing where they have damaged it
side fins look like they have been attached with a black sealant (very messey)

engine needs looking at not running right doest always start
electric window motor needs replacing its now burnt out
window wipers don't work at the moment (electrical issue i'm sure nothing worked when i first got it back e.t.g lights horn i got most of it working)

i am obviously very cautious now about taking it anywhere and so i am looking for recommendations of where I can have my car repaired at a reasonable price.

Again i live in west midlands birmingham..

Attachments

• 41_porsche3_136.jpg
    41_porsche3_136.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 9,108
  • 3d_porsche2_526.jpg
    3d_porsche2_526.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 9,108
  • 40_porsche5_294.jpg
    40_porsche5_294.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 9,108
I would recommend the following:

Mechanics
PCT Coventry (these guys know Porsche)

Body Work
Manhattan Motors Coventry (did a top job on my recent bumper replacement)

HADRE001 said:
Hi, I have a a late 1970s 911 Targa with a turbo body and I live in the west midlands :)

I took it to a garage a couple of years ago to have it resprayed and a few jobs done .. and well ... long story BUT i got screwed.
After going through lawyers i eventually got my car back but it wiped me out financially at the time and have had to park the project now.

I have a few things that need to be sorted out on the car

Targa roof repaired (they ripped it only a small tear) Including brocken one handle
spoiler (the rubber part now needs replacing where they have damaged it
side fins look like they have been attached with a black sealant (very messey)

engine needs looking at not running right doest always start
electric window motor needs replacing its now burnt out
window wipers don't work at the moment (electrical issue i'm sure nothing worked when i first got it back e.t.g lights horn i got most of it working)

i am obviously very cautious now about taking it anywhere and so i am looking for recommendations of where I can have my car repaired at a reasonable price.

Again i live in west midlands birmingham..

That is a great looking 911 :thumb:

Ninemeister - Warrington. Just done a wagon load of work on mine and i'm delighted with the result. If you need window motor let me know - i'm on the verge of taking mine out and installing winder handles...less weight.

Hadre001,
Nice looking car.

Just by silverstone is bloke called Nick Fulljames, his company is called redtek, races porsches when he can. He's ex autofarm and he made quite a big contribution in fixing the 996 engine problems. Check him out in google.
This bloke has just finished doing a considerable amount of work on my engine including re-finishing it. The car started first time, no turnover, no will it or won't it. turned on the key. Try him for price, he only does air cooled engines. Check out his 993 turbo too while he's still got the engine out. If you send me your email I'll show you the sort of thing he can do.

Good luck with that car.

Thanks for replying to my post

Thanks so far for all your replies.
Desperate to get my car sorted and back on the road for the summer but VERY wary about getting ripped off again.

The closest place to where i live would be

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/

Has anyone here used them.

After my past experience I am quite eager to use someone local so i can carry out regular check ups to make sure work is being done e.t.c

I live 4 miles from Birmingham City Centre and it helps my post code is B17

Ocean Blue said:
Hadre001,
Nice looking car.

Just by silverstone is bloke called Nick Fulljames, his company is called redtek, races porsches when he can. He's ex autofarm and he made quite a big contribution in fixing the 996 engine problems. Check him out in google.
This bloke has just finished doing a considerable amount of work on my engine including re-finishing it. The car started first time, no turnover, no will it or won't it. turned on the key. Try him for price, he only does air cooled engines. Check out his 993 turbo too while he's still got the engine out. If you send me your email I'll show you the sort of thing he can do.

Good luck with that car.

I am also a very satisfied customer of redtek. Nick completely rebuilt my 2.7MFI engine. It was shite, now it is a peach. He also keeps to his estimates. Top bloke and no chance of being ripped off!

BTW the 993 turbo is back together I understand.

Just embarked on project "stealth bomber" with Nick as well.

Graham

One of, if not the best in the country for the air cooled engine would have to be Richard Chamberlain at www.ctrdeveloments.

He is so knowledgeable about the air cooled engines it puts other places I`ve been to to shame. His speciality is the engine, although can take care of suspension, gearbox and pretty much any merchanical issue you can think of. He has an awesome body shop guy on his books and will tackle any project with ease. The guy is currently doing a flatnose conversion and the results are as good as it gets.

O.k so your car is not a turbo, but Richard is the only guy i trust with my turbo. I`ve learnt my leason the hard way (financially) after taking my car to get rebuilt to what turned out to be a bunch of cowboys who couldn`t even rebuild it properly. Then I took my car to Richard to strip the engine and completly rebuild fixing everything he could find. The car runs better than new. After rebuilding and the running in period he`ll get the car on the rolling road and ensure the car is set up prefectly. Your`ll have perfect AFR`s, better fuel economy and give you the peace of mind that your engine will be strong for another 100,000 miles.

Those in the know, know that Richard is regarded as one of the best in the UK and after having him work on my car its easy to see why.

A simple phone call to Richard will give you all the comfort you need. He is a straight up genuine guy, who will not rip you off and will infact make the rebuild process quite enjoyable and give you the peace of mind at the end of the project.

Hi,
I would strongly recommend Mark Darby at rs911.com.Nice guy and very helpful.My car is there at the moment (82 sc).Check his website and give him a ring.

Hope this helps,
Bryn.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back