Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine bucking for some seconds?

Lars

Hey there,

whenever I start my engine it does not really run "round" for the first few meters/seconds. It was like that from the beginning actually so I never gave it a thought. This morning I realized it because I imediately switched to reverse after I started and the car was literally bucking a little while driving backwards. (Outside temperature was 13 Degrees C which is considered to be cold here) It again went away after probably 5 to 10 seconds.

Is this something normal or should I mention this? I never had this in any car before though...

Cheers
Lars

Sorry have not had this experience with mine in any temperature

baxster said:
Are we comparing apples with apples?
Gen 1 or 2? Mine is gen2.
My gen 2 does this when I'm driving off in second gear and the engine is cold. But get this, it only does it when I leave home from work at night and not in the morning when I leave for work.

Greg P said:
baxster said:
Are we comparing apples with apples?
Gen 1 or 2? Mine is gen2.
My gen 2 does this when I'm driving off in second gear and the engine is cold. But get this, it only does it when I leave home from work at night and not in the morning when I leave for work.
Same here but mine is garaged so guess its a cold tempreature thing.

Cant say I have noticed it, mine being a tiptronic you have to watch it first thing as its designed to idle high to start with and that can be a lot of torque when put it into drive or reverse. Soon settles though.

Get it checked if under warranty. :bye:

A real pain in the snow with all that initial revs and torque first thing as a previous post I wrote explained. Never did sort it, tried all suggestions, just left it in the garage. What I will try next bad spell is to leave it in the garage until the revs die down after a couple of minutes, That way not so much torque will be trying to push her into the next door neighbours house, foot on brake with no steering. :drive: waayhey

Reverse in our Gen 1 Tiptronic seems pretty highly geared and I do need to ride the brake when leaving the garage.

I can't say I've experienced the "Bucking" as such though; even in temperatures as low as -3.5C.

Cheers,
Roy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back