Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone done a 72k service on their 997?

CarraraWhite

sounds like a lot but for a car almost 5 years old, not actually that much !

anything special at 72k or just another 24k

wonder if it's time to ditch the OPC for the indy...

Wow grats on the mileage, I thought my 38k on a 2005 was a lot! Nice to see some well used examples. What have you had done so far apart from the usual services? Any problems? ...if you don't mind me asking

72K miles :worship: willing to bet it has been ultra reliable being used almost everyday. :thumb:

sidlo said:
72K miles :worship: willing to bet it has been ultra reliable being used almost everyday. :thumb:

yup, just regular servicing on the dot, I do about 18k a year still under OPC warranty and that has pretty much covered everything

only problem had been during the 1st 10k miles since then all ok

i had a 60K service on my 997 late last year and according ot the schedule in the service book don't need another one until 80K. I am planning on changing the engine oil at 70K though.

the service book doesn't mention 72K, unless you're talking about km or the schedule is different for a GT3.

the major expense at the 60K service was a new set of coil packs at approx 200 pounds.

result, not due for another 8k :D

didnt even check the book, thinking it was like my old 996 :thumb:

Just realised you have a GT3, :wack: 72K in one of those and still walking. do you still have your fillings and a decent spine. :eek:ld: I am REALLY impressed now because never having had the pleasure of riding in one, I assume reading text that the suspension is a little on the ahem firm side. Like me running all the time with my sport button pressed :nooo:

sidlo said:
Just realised you have a GT3, :wack: 72K in one of those and still walking. do you still have your fillings and a decent spine. :eek:ld: I am REALLY impressed now because never having had the pleasure of riding in one, I assume reading text that the suspension is a little on the ahem firm side. Like me running all the time with my sport button pressed :nooo:

:nooo: did have a GT3 now with 2005 997 Carrera

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back