Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel

jamesg997

Hi All

Out of pure curiosity why do some Porsche's have triangular and others circular centre hub steering wheels?

1) Aesthetics
2) Packaging

Sometimes Porsche forgot the first one...ssh don't mention the four spokes (seems to upset the aircooleds most)

Some 90's disasters
gray+steering+porsche+0021133323320.jpg

AirBag2ndGen1.jpg

An 80's disaster
9114spokesteeringwheel_i611.jpg

On the 996, Porsche (initially) charged to upgrade 4 to 3 spoke (sports) steering wheel.

On the 997, Porsche charge to upgrade from triangular (but bulky) to circular (but oddly un-sporty).

Some models of course get the upgrade in the model pack - some get FUR!

gt3%20rs%20alcantara2%20copy.jpg

i think the triangular one is thinner than the round one (which is standard on the S). also i think the MFSW was only available in the triangular version.

You're right, as the round one is meant to be "sporty" (hence smaller diameter and chunkier rim).

In my previous reply, I meant it *looked* "un-sporty". In my eyes, smaller or otherwise, it looks like a steering wheel design off a child's "Little Tykes" "Cozy Coupe" car (especially with red leather boss/rim)... peep peep!

2010-my-997-turbo-paddle-shift-for-pdk.jpg

Cozy_Coupe325.jpg

The triangular one is standard (but also required for MFSW buttons) and bulkier in the central boss (may not have been clear which bit was or wasn't bulky in my previous reply)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back