Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen replacement

jamesg997

I have a crack in my windscreen and have to use Auto Glass to replace it. I have told them my screen has a grey top tint as they tried to offer a green top tint. Is there such a thing as grey top tint because it definitely doesn't look green. I don't have a rain sensor for my wipers but is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks

Aerial in the windcsreen perhaps? The 996 has one running up the centre of the screen.

~ Maxie

James, there's a thread on here somewhere where I had my screen replaced by Autoglass...never again. (It is all region specific though), but the thread highlighted what I thought were pertinent points of things to look out for....

Ah ha...here you go. http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=41191

I had my screen replaced by Autowindscreens (via Insurance). They were brilliant.They sent someone who had done many Porsches before. Came to the house were very very careful with no damage of any kind. Screen is perfect with no creaking or squeeking at all.

997 windscreens also have sat nav antenna within then. I insisted that mine was replaced with an original item, took 2 weeks to arrive but did look and perform exactly as the original specification.

I don't think there is a pattern windscreen for the 997. I was informed that there is only one available and that is the original Porsche screen. :dont know:

Thanks ResB your link was perfect and I have copied your 12 points so that I can go through this with the fitter. I will ask before anyone comes out that he/she must have done a 997 screen before.

Thanks for the great advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back