Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Transporting a shotgun in a 997

nineoneone said:
A bit off-topic, but being a bit of a wrinklie I can remember going to my local gunshop at age 16 and buying a shotgun and ammo and taking it home on the bus!. All quite legal in those days as there was no requirement for a licence for shotguns.

:floor: OMG - can you imagine the mayhem nowaday's.....sky TV/news at ten, 20 x cops(all with black shiney boots on your head), rabbid police dogs wanting to eat you and police revolvers in your mouth, ears and
*rse!

At least the driver would not charge you anything when you stepped on his No9 bus now(unlike the past).

wizard993 said:
Maybe it's ok to leave certain shotgun shells sitting right next to certain weapons during transport in a car but for some weapons(inc shotguns) they appear to be required to be kept apart.

There is a distance for keeping certain shotguns and ammo apart which my friend told me while ago was about 5 or 6 feet.

This may be of interest:

"a 'Section 1' firearm is any shotgun with a barrel shorter than 24" or a semi-auto or pump-action gun with the capacity to hold more than two shells in the magazine, or any shotgun with a detachable magazine. Air rifles which exceed the 12ft/lb power output limit are considered 'Section 1' firearms.

Security for 'Section 1' firearms is similar to that for shotguns except that the police are more likely to insist on a monitored alarm and they also require ammunition to be locked securely (ideally in a separate section from the rifles).

When travelling with firearms, do not leave them unattended and whilst travelling, bolts, magazines and ammunition should be stowed separately from the rifle. Trigger locks and cable ties are also a wise precaution."

A normal shotgun is not a section 1 firearm (ignoring those exceptional cases above) so the stowed separately requirement above does not apply.

malvern_college said:
I am soon to be getting my first shotgun, a Beretta Silver Pigeon with 30" barrels. Does anyone know if when 'broken' or in it's plastic case, it will fit in the 997 'boot'?

can you not saw the barrels down
like they do in Moss side !

:eek:

taser-cartridge-holder-lg.jpg

Will one of these bring down a clay pigeon?

Fits neatly in glove box.

I logged onto this thread to take the mickey and surprised to see so many serious replies.
Remind me not to do any arrears calls on you lot!

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back