Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Booster Seat

If you have a porsche airbag deactivation bar and want to use a non porsche seat
you can get an deactivation insert/ buckle thingy from porscheshop for about £13

ggrantw said:
Hi,

After reading the posts on here, I bought two Graco Hilife booster seats from Halfords for my 996 last week and they fit perfectly (£12.99)! As for the belt, run it through the gap between the seat and the wheelarch!

Safe driving!

ditto - perfect fit, could have been made for the 996, I first bought another model from Halfords that looked a better fit to me, but the shape of the booster seat wouldn't allow access to the belt buckle slot. This one is just perfectly shaped for the belt to pass thru :thumbs: .

The other thing I got, for extra safety, was a device that attaches to the seat back via a strap and aligns the seat belt to the right height above a childs shoulder.

I found boosters fit better, and slip less, if you remove the leather seat base - they pull off as they are only fixed with velcro. Means you can store them in the garage until kids are old enough not to spill stuff on them!

ggrantw said:
Hi,

After reading the posts on here, I bought two Graco Hilife booster seats from Halfords for my 996 last week and they fit perfectly (£12.99)! As for the belt, run it through the gap between the seat and the wheelarch!

Safe driving!

Hi, Do you mind me asking what age/size your children are? My son is now too big for his Pro-tec, at over 18kg and 4yrs, so I was planning to try one of these too.

Graco Hilife

I have now gone for the Graco Hilife from Halfords - tried the better looking Britax Horizon but it did not fit. Only issue for me is blue colour - probably perfect for metropole but my leather is black so I am going to appease my OCD by spraying the base black and getting a new cushion made up to match the leather. This booster is the perfect height for my 5 year old with room to grow.

Hello everyone. New 996 C4S cab owner here and I've a good solution for booster seats. We've got a pair of Trunki Boostapak seats in the back of the car, they're a backpack\booster seat combo thing designed for those who need to take a seat on holiday or maybe have the kids carry their seat to school for different carer pickups ... anyway I've put a pair in the back for our two kids (3 and 5) and they fit a treat with ample room for the seatbelt to be fitted. No need for any belt height adjustment or control, the booster is quite high and our two line up with the seatbelt outlet just fine. I've left the seat backs and bases in because the boosapaks fit better that way and I've wrapped the seat bases in microfibre cloths to make sure nothing gets marked.

The seats can (right now) be had for £30 delivered from Amazon although I picked up two for £33 each from Halfords because I wanted them quickly. Not a cheap booster seat but given how well they fit plus the fact that we'll use them for holiday hire car travel too we were happy to stump up.

Hope that's of use to someone else.

Duncan

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back