Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Booster Seat

GD

Hi,

I know this has been discussed here a few times, but I don't think it's been conclusively answered.

I need a booster seat for the rear of my car. I have the Porsche Prince (which typically lasts until the child is 4) and Porsche have this one which is for over 4:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/personalisation/tequipment/911-996/safety/

However, all I want is a standard "booster" seat, which is just the base with no back and has a clip to pull the seat belt strap to the right level (typically suitable for 4 years and up).

Halfords do this one, but it doesn't fit in the seat (the booster is too wide).

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_productId_208131_langId_-1_categoryId_60959

(the cup holders clip in, making it roughly the same width as the other boosters)

My question is, has anyone successfully fitted a standard booster in the back of their 996 and if so, can you please let me know what make/model booster?

As an aside, looking at the seat in the rear, it's a perfect fit for a child and all it really needs is a clip to pull the belt down to the correct level (so that it fits across the chest, rather than going across the face)....although this is clearly illegal and not an option, just an observation.

hi m8
i went into toys-r-us and they brought out the full range to try in the back of my 996. found a nice black one to match my interior and i think it cost less than 20 quid. it was a few years ago but i am sure they will still do it. and the porsche ones are horrible to look at.

My cunning plan is to detatch and use the airbag deactivation buckle thing off the Prince, then you can use nipper's usual child seat in the front rather than the Porsche child seat which appears to have been made from solid gold judging by the price!

Edit- Mods- can this thread be moved to 996 FAQs along with other good child-seat related threads?

Thanks for the replies. I'll try Halfords and ToysRus.

Yes, I was thinking about getting the airbag deactivating unit installed, so my son can sit in the front for the occasional school run (and using the clip off the Prince).

I think the clip off the Porsche is just a regular seat belt clip (I'll have a look at this later).

The only thing in the back of my mind is that once he sits in the front, he'll never want to go in the back seat again....so I'm tempted to leave it.

GD, nope have not bothered and the kids are locked in well enough without them.

Richard

Just ordered the one from Kiddicare, but good to see there's plenty of options, so thanks everyone for replying.

Just to close this thread off, I've had a look at the Porsche Prince connector for the air bag disable connector and it's definitely not the same as an ordinary seat belt connector.

It's more of a U shape, where as the seat belt is shaped like a box, ie. [].

Cheers,
GD

Here's is my Kidicare booster seat in the back of 996...thanks for your help.

Fits really, really well. The seat belt fits under the U (rear of the seat, left hand side) and doesn't require any additional clips.

The chest strap is fine, as long as you put the seat belt down the side of the seat (ie. to the left of the button to drop the rear seats down)

Attachments

• baby_seat_342.jpg
    baby_seat_342.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 21,758
Here is the Prince Porsche seat in the back of a 996 (note that this is a Targa and the roof is back...normally there's quite a bit more headroom).

Attachments

• baby_seat_prince_131.jpg
    baby_seat_prince_131.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 19,554
...and here's the Porsche Prince connector (to disable the air bag if used in the front of the car). Note that it is completely different from the normal seat belt connector.

Attachments

• prince_clip_304.jpg
    prince_clip_304.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 19,570
What is the model of the Kiddicare booster pictured as it looks different to the one at the link?

Cheers

Hi,

After reading the posts on here, I bought two Graco Hilife booster seats from Halfords for my 996 last week and they fit perfectly (£12.99)! As for the belt, run it through the gap between the seat and the wheelarch!

Safe driving!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back