Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche to Offer 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine on Boxster in 2011

This small extract was presented at a well known car manufacturer recently.

Quote:

"- The EU is introducing legislation to reduce the average CO2 emissions of new cars to 130g/km by 2015

- To achieve the overall EU target, individual manufacturers must achieve a corporate average CO2 target

- The legislation is being phased-in; a percentage of each manufacturer's sales volume must fall below their target as follows:
– 65% in 2012, 75% in 2013, 80% in 2014, 100% in 2015

- A penalty will be levied on every car sold in breach of these limits at €95 per gram of excess CO2/km after the first 3g
– Eg, a manufacturer selling 200k units in 2015 with average emissions 20g above the target line would face penalties totalling c€332M"

Regards
G :thumb:

Hans-Jurgen Wohler said:
"...they'll simply have to demonstrate that they've reduced their fleet CO2 emissions by 25 per cent compared with 2006 levels..."
I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't achieved that already with the Boxster, Cayman and 911. If not, they should simply drop the Chelsea Tractor (sorry, Cayenne) and Panamera and stick to making sports cars before considering daft engines like a three cylinder turbo. I mean - come on Hans!

spyderman said:
Hans-Jurgen Wohler said:
"...they'll simply have to demonstrate that they've reduced their fleet CO2 emissions by 25 per cent compared with 2006 levels..."
I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't achieved that already with the Boxster, Cayman and 911. If not, they should simply drop the Chelsea Tractor (sorry, Cayenne) and Panamera and stick to making sports cars before considering daft engines like a three cylinder turbo. I mean - come on Hans!

I think the days of V12's and big engines are numbered now. Everyone is going smaller engined forced induction now. :sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back