Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche iPod Connection Kit (MObridge)

philnotts

Hello,

Ok, so i have a 911 997 2006 without cd changer and searching the forum, i have found this to be the best option for a ipod connection. However as i only have the extended warranty on my 911 i also see that people keep saying this will void the whole warranty, which seems crazy. So has anyone fitted this unit and also had Porsche agree that this system shouldn't void the whole warranty!? As if it does, what would the point of buying this be?

thank you!

phil

I ve had it fitted to one car
it threw up numerous fault codes when connected to the Porsche PIWIS laptop whne the car was serviced / inspected

when the system was removed the fault codes were cleared and the car tested OK

If you plan to have keep the Porsche warranty on the car it will show up when inspected,

Or, just burn a load of mp3's to a CD as the PCM plays mp3's. I have 4 in the caddy & one in the slot. Not an ipod capacity I grant you but way more tracks than a 6 disc changer.

I have the standatd 997 audio (with not phone or nav but with 6 cd) and if I put a Mp3 data CD in the single slot it won't play it.

Should it?

I had my Mobridge installed by JZM and there is a switch on the unit's power....when you get it serviced, turn it off and there are no fault codes....

Problem solved...

mikees said:
I have the standatd 997 audio (with not phone or nav but with 6 cd) and if I put a Mp3 data CD in the single slot it won't play it.

Should it?

I have the same setup, and no, they won't play. The satnav option gives the abiity to read mp3 CDs. I've taken to burning normal cd copies for the car so I don't trash my originals.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back