Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche 997 carrera s 2005

leesparkz

hi everyone,
please help... i have bought a 2005 997 and its brill except like a fool i didnt check the satnav disk,the case says997.642.235.03
7l5.919.859.f i need to know how to get a software upgrade or just a disk that is compatible,i bought a 2007 disk from e-bay but the display says unreadable disk,wounded,is the software the prob or the disk..
any advice or help would be eternally grateful.
best regards
lee

Need to know if it is an early or late 05 plate

I believe in the middle of 05 plate the 997 got postcode lookup and Traffic r-route (which the early 05 cars didn't have)

I had an early 05 with a traffic option button that was not active, enquired about upgrading it for post code and traffic and as far as I remember it required firmware/hardware and a new disk – so I would reckon the disks are not compatible between model years

Press the 'MAIN" and 'TRIP" buttons together,
a menu will be displayed that gives the details of the PCM level and software versions –

Pretty sure a goggle search will then give you the correct disk it should have !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back