Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Discount levels at OPC.

jfb1977

Monza
I'd be really interested to hear of your experiences when buying cars from an OPC.

I'm in the market at about the £45-50k level and I want to make sure I negotiate a firm, but fair, deal.

I'm not one of these people that thinks they can bowl into a dealership and demand 10% off, but I would have thought 4-5% may be achieveable? (So £2k off a £48k car for example).

Also - I'm sure Porsche sales guys will be incentivised to sell finance, does anyone know for sure? I could arrange this myself (through someone like Jamie or similar) but if they're bonused on selling finance packages this could actually be a bargaining tool.

Thoughts?

There's no harm in trying. :thumb: I tried to get discount when the market was good, lots of pretend money about and the car was new. Got told to "do one". :grin:

In my experience there's always a commission to the dealer "selling" their finance package. I usually insist that this commission reads zero as a starting point. ;) Usually displayed at the bottom right hand corner of their computer screen. ;) Int that right Jamie. :grin:

Hi, there is no set level of discount if any. Stock is still short and therefore cars are selling at sticker price but a combination of a car being in stock for a while or dealer targets means they may discount.

If I were you, I would keep the car and the finance negotiations seperate. They make heavy commissions on the finance but because you are paying their rates. You will generally either get a discount or not based on different circumstances and then come to us to see what we can save you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back