Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PASM OR NOT PASM

HOBBIT

Just picked up my Gen 1 C2 today equiped with PSE and sports chrono and PASM...well i think?
When i put the sports button on, the suspension seems to firm up, so i assume PASM is wired into this, as I have no seperate button for the suspension?

Any feedback much appreciated

Cheers
Dan

IIRC you should have a button adorned with a shock absorber icon next to the Sport button. If not, you don't have PASM. The Sport button will activate the PSE if you have it and definitely change your throttle map. The change to the throttle map makes the car feel tighter but is not the same as PASM Sport setting which is very (tooth jarringly) noticeable.

HOBBIT said:
Just picked up my Gen 1 C2 today equiped with PSE and sports chrono and PASM...well i think?
When i put the sports button on, the suspension seems to firm up, so i assume PASM is wired into this, as I have no seperate button for the suspension?

Any feedback much appreciated

Cheers
Dan

If you have PASM and PSE factory fitted when you turn on PSE, PASM comes on at the same time and the little light comes on which is on the button with the shock absorber illustration on it. It should be immediately to the left of the PSE/Sport button.

Thanks for the info, there is no seperate button with a shock on it, so i assume i don,t have it, funny thing is it does seem to make a difference, and the guy i brought it off had it from new, and made a point of telling us that it had the magnetic suspension fitted and kept pressing the sport button on and off to show us the difference, when we test drove it?

regardless still very happy with it

PASM was std on the C2S and optional on the C2, you'd think if the previos owner bought new and paid extra for PASM he have known about it?

Anyway, get it on some adjustable coilovers ASAP ! :lol:

There's nothing 'magnetic' about PASM - that's the method Audi uses. Sounds like your seller wasn't too well informed about his own car.

Mine has PASM.

The standard setting is softer than the basic suspension, so in everyday use, it rides better.

Press the button, and the ride becomes hard. Very hard (Yes, even tooth-jarring!)

It's also 10mm lower.

So. Nicer ride, and 10mm drop. Probably worthwhile then!?

As others have said PASM wasn't standard on the C2, just the C2S. On the C2S you have the shockabsorber button near the sport button but not sure on the C2 where it is an extra. I would assume the same. When you press sport, do you get the shockabosrber symbol pop up on the dash, next to where the speedo is?

Perhaps call an OPC and ask them to print you out the internal spec sheet from the chassis number to see if its an option showing?

Going in to OPC on friday, so will ask them for that then, thinking about it i would say it does not have it, my old m3 had the sports button, and on that it felt like the suspension firmed up, but i know on that it didn't do anything.

thanks for all your info

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back