Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First trackday experience with the 997 C4S

wizard993

Donnington
probably a one-off experience....but an interesting one.

Good points

PASM/sports setting is a wonderful track option....even the "wart" on the dashboard came in handy :grin:

Loved the way the 997 coped with damp conditions....nice and easy to control the 4 x wheel slides. Front wheel grab/drag out of the corners was simply amazing...well planted :thumb:

Performance was better than the 355bhp suggests...a bit of a wolf in "cab clothing" :thumb:

Could close up on the 2 x 996 Turbos around the twisty bits and actually not that far behind on the straights.

The little side windows kept the cabin cool with the aircon off.

Hardly any brake fade and great brakes during the last 50m :thumb:

The TIP in the 997 is brilliant in manual/sport mode/button mode...a further improvement over the 993/996

Sounded fab in sports mode( a few people on the pit wall commented on it's rasp)

Not so good points..
Thin steering wheel.....cramped my fingers after a while.
Side of my left leg kept banging into the console!
The usual not as light/dialled-in steering as the 2wd cars but never thought it held me back.
Not a car you can change your mind with once you point it at the apex under power :eek: but sit it out and it goes just where you want it
to.

Another gem/giant killer from Porsche.....but only if you have the sports suspension/engine map option.

8/10 :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back