Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

water under passenger side rear seat

ahmedz

Hi,

Ive seen a few threads on this forum about water in 997's but they all seem to be related to the sunroof or gullys etc.

I have a 997 C4S cabriolet and have found water in the rear seat and cant seem to find out where its coming from. I am suspecting the seal that goes round the horse shoe shaped panel that opens for the roof.

Anybody else seen this issue? if so any advice will be welcomed.

Also i have satnav in my car but dont have the CD. Is it a simple case of just purchasing the CD?

Thanks

Hi can't help with the water but the CD for the satnav is £350-400 from OPC so a lot of dosh. Why didn't you get it with the car?

No the car didnt come with the CD unfortunately....thanks

better off with a tom tom i say...

Hey Stuart,

I cannot thank you enough for this information. If you are ever down in buckinghamshire give me shout and a pint will be waiting..

Although i only get water on the passenger side rear seat, this weekend i will clean both rear outlets as mine is a cab.

This forum is awesome; ive had a few issues and they all got sorted from articles on this forum...

Thanks

Pete Hadfield said:
and your sat nav problem :wink: :grin:

What SAT/NAV issue....;-) hey thanks for the tip on how to use it too....

It would be a good idea sort this out as there are electronics under the passenger side front seat (alarm control module for 1) and they don't take too kindly to getting wet.

Thanks Neil. I am aware of this and trying to sort it out. I just found that my rear seats are velcro attached to the carpet using white round washers and some of them are missing. As a result the lower back piece of the rear seat comes off when i break or go round corners....

So i thought i might as well fix both in one go as the interior will have to come out anyway. That way i can see the full extent of the issue...

The web article posted was really usefull and i am hoping that this the issue. i really cant see where else the water is coming in from...

wish me luck...

I suggest you look under the clamshell by stopping the roof when it is only slightly open, if it is anything like the Boxster then there will be a waterproof lining under the rear of the hood with a drain either side. Check the drains are clear and that there are no rips in the lining.

I had this exact problem with my 997 S. I went through looking at drain pipes and everything, even changed the furry strip that runs round circumfrance of the sunroof.

It turned out to be none of that. It was where the rear window meets the roof bar above the seat that was wet. I took off the plastic rail that runs the length of the roof on top, which has the sunroof slots that slide back on it. And put down a bit of mastic from a gun that used to go round my sink in bathroom. Only little bit along half inch back edge. Put the rail back on and no problems since.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back