Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen II Condensation in Lighting - anyone else?

lp1967

Hi there

After year with a 2007 C2S, I took delivery of a brand new Gen II car on 31-Jul, which has the new lighting system.

First, the rear LED light clusters started to show signs of condensation inside them. Next, it spread to the front LED clusters and now it's in the headlights. As well as looking terrible, it can't be good for any bare metal that's in there.

My Gen I car never did that, despite sitting outside a lot during last winter, but my new car is rarely kept outside (perhaps one night a fortnight), and it's hardly winter yet.

Anyone else suffering from this? Any ideas?

L

sadly one of those things for normal for Xenon / Litronics, even though it's been less of an issue as you stated for the Gen 1 cars

latest Panamera has venting for the light to prevent this condensation build up, but possible a part that might not have been 100% perfect to cause this as I haven't seen this problem on 997 cars in a while, it can happen

Have slight condensation on my front lights , 996 C4S , 2003. Please tell me its no big deal...

I think I'll take it to the OPC.

Mind you, I'll prepare myself for the same response as the "windows wet on the inside" problem - "they all do that, sir".

If it was a Ferrari, you could call it "character", but it's a bloody Porsche!

Yes mine too but just in the rear clusters. What is it 40 odd years in development!

I expect the LED's don't generate any heat to keep the clusters dry.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back