Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I've been offered this. What's it worth?

ianj

Hi, i've been offered a '73/1974 model year impact bumper 2.7 coupe. It has been off the road for nearly 20 years and has only covered about 27k. The engine is out and in pieces but all there (there is a story but i won't bore you with it). Its been under cover but the bonnet will need replacing, door is rusty along bottom edge and it does have bubbling in other areas. It is a very original california car and interior should clean up to be excellent. I am finding it a little difficult to value this car being an early impact bumper with engine out and some rust, so i would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks, Ian

ianj said:
Hi, i've been offered a '73/1974 model year impact bumper 2.7 coupe. It has been off the road for nearly 20 years and has only covered about 27k. The engine is out and in pieces but all there (there is a story but i won't bore you with it). Its been under cover but the bonnet will need replacing, door is rusty along bottom edge and it does have bubbling in other areas. It is a very original california car and interior should clean up to be excellent. I am finding it a little difficult to value this car being an early impact bumper with engine out and some rust, so i would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks, Ian

If it only has 27K miles why is the engine out?
Personally I would describe the car to him as salvage and offer him £2000

At the end of the day, if you can see bubbling then the body is likely turn out to be a biscuit. You could easily spend £10K on mechanical work and £8K to £10K on the body!
If that happens you have an expensive car if you pay any more than £2K on buying it.

I think your best bet is to ask the same question on ddk where all the classics experience is: http://www.ddk-online.com/

Don't forget to share with us how you get on! :thumb:

Whats it worth to you ? is the question you should be asking yourself.

It would make a decent RS 2.7 replica.
Right year and engine capacity for starters.
May well be very strong underneath, a good basis for that kind of project.
Pre impact body conversion, painted white and blue, with blue 15 inch fuchs on it, much better than a 3.0 or 3.2 conversion when completed.
There'll be someone gagging for that car somewhere.
LHD of course opens up Europe and the States for buyers.

Advertised in the right place I would imagine could stir a lot of interest.
So I'd put its worth at at least five grand.
I'd keep schtum about where it is if I were you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back