Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

high mileage 997s

gadgetJunky72

Montreal
Hi All,

So my car is almost hitting 68K miles on late '55 plate. I was just wondering if I've got the highest mileage 997 amongst us.

Touch wood, I've not hit any major problems yet. If there are higher mileage cars out there it would be good to know if there's anything to start saving for.

I've decided to change the oil every 10K rather than wait for the 20K service interval. Is there anything else i can do to make sure the engines keeps going to 100K?

Thanks

Pav

Pav

Mine which is a late 2006 has only 24K on the clock but is a weekend car so you enjoy it much more than I do
Engine oil is the A-Z for the life of the engine. I always change oil either every year or every 10K whichever comes first and that is what I used to do on previous cars that the interval was 20K.

Theo

Err, change the oil filter too :D

Remember seeing one sell on ebay about 18 months ago, 05 plate I think

at the time it had 90k miles

A driven 911 is a good 911... :thumb:

ResB said:

You should be up there Rich with the highest mile 997 by now :p

Not even hit 15k on mine yet (reg. Oct 07) but will this week and guess what :dont know: , am leaving my co. so no more driving to Manchester in it once a week (52 mile round trip). Will be working from home from next month.

:D

I also have a Boat, and the general consencus is that a 'Used Boat is a good Boat!'

One has to balance the damage done by under-use, with the natural process of over-use, and hence Wear and Tear.

In an ideal world, the Porsche would like to be started up, and used gently non stop. In reality, it's stated and stopped, pooltled about, then thrashed without rhyme nor reason.

Long gentle journeys coupled with considerate warming-up might extend the lifespan, while harsh use will shorten it!

This is not always possible, so I use mine carefully wherever possible, and unleash the beast whenever I can!!!! :thumbs:

Compared to some, it's loved to bits I suppose...... :floor:

Pete Hadfield said:
ResB said:

Not even hit 15k on mine yet (reg. Oct 07) but will this week and guess what :dont know: , am leaving my co. so no more driving to Manchester in it once a week (52 mile round trip). Will be working from home from next month.

Sounds dull to me!

freddie44 said:
Pete Hadfield said:
ResB said:

Sounds dull to me!

Spot on freddie. Wouldn't want to wear the pads and tyres down before Oulton Park this Wednesday :puh:

I drive my 'other car' in traffic jams, seems a waste of time in the Porker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back