Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Links to external adverts/info etc <PLEASE READ>

Status
Not open for further replies.

993C2S

Hi all,

A request please. If you find something on another site then please copy across the info or pictures to the 911uk thread rather than just posting a hyperlink.

One could say that links to ads on another site are not good for 911uk, but usually the ads are linked on here to discuss and debate, which is fine.

It's very simple to save the image with the 911uk attachment tool and copy some text as a quote. This way when the advert disappears from the host site, the thread on 911uk stays active and relevant.

For Pistonheads Trade Ads, please do not post a PH link, if it's a trader then post it's link from their actual website (folllow their web link from lower in the advert and then from their actual advert), in addition to the above.

Linking Pictures from an actual traders site will remain online for much longer and be an accurate source of date.

It may be just 20 seconds more effort but it is greatly appreciated.

Simples :thumb:

Your cooperation is appreciated :D

Re: Links to adverts/info etc <PLEASE READ>

993C2S said:
It's very simple to embed picture
How do you embed a picture [as opposed to add an attachment] like the
ones in the 993 in action thread? :?

TB

Re: Links to adverts/info etc <PLEASE READ>

tbrown said:
993C2S said:
It's very simple to embed picture
How do you embed a picture [as opposed to add an attachment] like the
ones in the 993 in action thread? :?

TB

Hello mate

If you can, (preferred) please attach the picture, using the post attachment tool but this would require you to save the image locally.

Or the pic will then have a web link. Cut and past this link like this:

However, the link to the original Dealer Ad is fine, since it will stay live for months on end

Cheers

What's the difference between posing a link and copying the content though? surely a link will usually be live long enough for the period the topic is relevant?

I'm not planning to ignore the request but just keen to understand the rationale behind the decision :dont know:

10-06-09_1905.jpg

Cheers buddy, it works :thumbs:

TB

dommorton said:
What's the difference between posing a link and copying the content though? surely a link will usually be live long enough for the period the topic is relevant?

This is true, to the extent the thread is relevant on the forum ie. a few weeks say. But lets just say you've done a search and a thread from last year comes up - chances are any links are out of date, so how useful will the content be to the searcher?

Hmm I guess I agree that is unless it's in respect of a car ad but fair enough rules is rules :thumb:

Cheers Dom :thumb:

Also look at it this way - a thread with a picture of the subject being discussed in the first post will make more sense to the thread than a link. All the info in one place and all that jazz.

Doesn't seem to work when I do it :nooo:

so, I have tried a number of times to attach a locally stored (on my laptop) picture of my car, and it has not worked

I have used the "choose a file" to attach the image from where it is stored and then Add Attachment. When I preview, image is not attached. Help please ?

rifraf said:
so, I have tried a number of times to attach a locally stored (on my laptop) picture of my car, and it has not worked

I have used the "choose a file" to attach the image from where it is stored and then Add Attachment. When I preview, image is not attached. Help please ?

per these attachment rules

http://911uk.com/attach_rules.php?f=9

no more than 0.25mb

993C2S said:
Hi all,

A request please. If you find something on another site then please copy across the info or pictures to the 911uk thread rather than just posting a hyperlink.

One could say that links to ads on another site are not good for 911uk, but usually the ads are linked on here to discuss and debate, which is fine.

It's very simple to save the image with the 911uk attachment tool and copy some text as a quote. This way when the advert disappears from the host site, the thread on 911uk stays active and relevant.

For Pistonheads Trade Ads, please do not post a PH link, if it's a trader then post it's link from their actual website (folllow their web link from lower in the advert and then from their actual advert), in addition to the above. It may be just 20 seconds more effort but it is greatly appreciated.

Simples :thumb:

Your cooperation is appreciated :D

Anyone know how to attach pics from an iPad :?:

You can't directly attach an image or other document from an iPhone or iPad.

This is because of the i[thing]'s protected file system.

The only option is to effectively email the file (photo etc) off the unit to a web host.

This can be done direct by email (ie select relevant photos and email) to a google (Picasa) style host, or others have photo management apps (like PhotoBucket) that use a pass-thru method (encapsulated email) within the app to a "hard coded" drop box.

You then copy the hosted image's URL in the normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back