Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help please - Pad scrape

freddie44

Albert Park
Hi guys,

I have a slight worry with my pads on start up. I've checked with a garage, I've checked with my Aston Martin trained freind and they all say I've got plenty of wear left.
Also there must be an indicator to show me they're low but when they're cold they make a horrible scrape sound.
They were particularly bad this morning in the wet. The scrape goes away after two minutes of gentle warmth but dont want to damage some nice discs...

Any advice on this or is it normal in the wet?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Freddie :thumb:

Sounds more like a deposit on the disc after leaving your car in damp conditions. The pads will slightly 'fuse' to the disc in these conditions leaving a deposit which is what you're hearing. Just use the brakes and they will clean themselves. All Porsche disc/pads have this problem in wet or damp weather. :thumb:

Brilliant, thanks Stuart! :D

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back