Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 things about my 997

nevoptom

Monza
Hi,
I bought my 997 c2s from a Porsche Dealer last year december 2008
05 plate: has chrono pack, auto, its the 3.8.
Its fantastic, and love it to bits.

Been looking around recently and realise that most 997's has a protector behind the front bumper which shields the front radiator. MINE DOESN"T, which seems strange. Just wondering whether mine is a freak one or should it be like this: i mean, when i look through the grill of the front bumper i can clearly see the front rad, and the two side rads too.

Also point 2.
Bought from a Porsche Dealer in DEC 2008. Went away in December, then in March my service was due, i hadn't even done 2kmiles. Got charged for it, and was told that this is fairly normal. You see i'm used to buying a car from a dealer and becasue of that not having to service it for at least a year. ANY advice?

Hiya,

On your first point, take a picture. I think what you are seeing is normal.

On second point, here is the Porsche approved standard as per their web site. In my view they should have done the service if it was due that soon or you should have at least insisted on it. Anyway, here are the minimum standards:

Every Porsche Approved used car has been prepared to the highest standards by Porsche trained technicians and features the following:

â– Technical inspection/repair including bodywork and interior restored to Porsche standards
â– Steering geometry checked and adjusted*
â– Full service (should one be due within 3,000 miles or 3 months)*
â– 12 months MOT*
â– Mileage and vehicle provenance checks including Insurance write off/accident damage**

nevoptom said:
Hi,
I bought my 997 c2s from a Porsche Dealer last year december 2008
05 plate: has chrono pack, auto, its the 3.8.
Its fantastic, and love it to bits.

Been looking around recently and realise that most 997's has a protector behind the front bumper which shields the front radiator. MINE DOESN"T, which seems strange. Just wondering whether mine is a freak one or should it be like this: i mean, when i look through the grill of the front bumper i can clearly see the front rad, and the two side rads too.

Also point 2.
Bought from a Porsche Dealer in DEC 2008. Went away in December, then in March my service was due, i hadn't even done 2kmiles. Got charged for it, and was told that this is fairly normal. You see i'm used to buying a car from a dealer and becasue of that not having to service it for at least a year. ANY advice?

Me too, that's perfectly normal.

Mercedes approved too, has the same 3000 mile rule.

Fair enough, they supply a car, not the entire running costs!

Mine is exactly the same - it shouldn't cause too much trouble

:thumb:

ok panic over. thought there was something wrong with mine. Might be worthwhile to investigate into this rad protector though.

Going to dig up my receipts for the service issue now, and report this to Porsche GB.

Tiptronics have a center radiator - manual transmission cars don't.

took my car to porsche for my mot.
asked them about the centre rad protector, and they said they don't do one, however you can pick one up from somewhere. i think it may be a good idea, however now i've taken a 2yr extended warranty should i be bothered protecting my rads?

If its a Porsche warranty, you won't be allowed to protect your rads!

Well, obviously you could fit a grille of some kind - but remember to remove it if/when the car goes in!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back