Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sat Nav "confirm" screen

baxster

Monza
Every time I press Navi I get the irriatting confirm screen. Is there a way to turn it off for good? Its on the gen 2 sat nav.

I believe it's a legal requirement. It's possible you can disable but unlikely I would have thought as both the software developer and Porsche will not want to be liable for inappropriate use.

It is an unfortunate 'Nanny State' necessity for car manufacturer's I'm afraid: Numerous attempts have been made to sue car makers for car damage and people getting prosecuted for various motoring offences allegedly caused by following sat nav instructions (such as the numpty that drove his BMW down a footpath and almost off a cliff recently).

Don't think it is a legal requirement though, else portable sat navs would have to have it as well?

Wattie said:
It is an unfortunate 'Nanny State' necessity for car manufacturer's I'm afraid: Numerous attempts have been made to sue car makers for car damage and people getting prosecuted for various motoring offences allegedly caused by following sat nav instructions (such as the numpty that drove his BMW down a footpath and almost off a cliff recently).

Don't think it is a legal requirement though, else portable sat navs would have to have it as well?

My Navman s70 has it. Of course that's not to say others don't. ;)

Most of the standalone Navs have it but also have a 'turn it off' option. No sign of any such option on the Porsche one.

Anyone know if there's a way of loading POIs into it?

ResB said:
I believe it's a legal requirement. It's possible you can disable but unlikely I would have thought as both the software developer and Porsche will not want to be liable for inappropriate use.

Just make sure you don't take your eyes off the road when you press confirm :grin:

My TomTom has something very similar but you can turn it off somewhere in the settings.

It bugs me having to press the confirm ........ didn't have to on my last car 07 Audi.

when you hire a car in the US and have a Garmin from Avis, they call it a where2?, it won't even let you change the route without literally stopping the car. + it's starts every journey with a confirm screen & the audio prompt "please fasten your seat belt"

excruciating........ :evil:

My old Jag was the same. Actually it was a better Nav than the 997's, (Larger, touch-screen etc), but functionality was severely restricted unless you were stationary.

:bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back