Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Singer Porsche 911, 3.8l flat-6 a proper Sport Classic?

Darsham

I think they have done a great job here - check out the gallery.

[PICTURES AND STORY ADDED BELOW]

Love the rear, alot, not sure about the front end, that bumper looks too small front on, looks like a sad frog... And the interior!, those seats, argh, my eyes!! I've just gone blind!!

:wack:

Not bad......but I think the wheels look all wrong and make it look like it's been to Halfrauds!

The orange looks (surprisingly) nice.......

Very nice it looks mean from the rear. I kind of like the old look in orange.
Not sure on the seats? Are those poppers and do you plug yourself into the seat wearing a special suit instead of seat belts?

Looks like a blank cheque special. Nice, but I suspect that the price will make most prefer a CGT...

Thought the 911 Sport Classic was the most retro new Porsche you could get your mitts on? Singer Vehicle Design has something to say about that.

While the name isn't particularly clever – Singer 911 – what lies under the skin definitely is. There's an air-cooled 3.82-litre flat-six engine with 419bhp and 340lb ft of torque, and with the help of a 911 GT3 crankshaft and titanium connecting rods – as well as a six-speed Getrag manual 'box – it'll wind up to 8000rpm and hit 60mph in 3.9sec, making it the measure of most modern supercars. The top speed is over 170mph.

The suspension is equally impressive, with Moton shocks and Eibach coil-over springs while the brakes are four-piston items from the Porsche 930. They're housed by some rather lovely forged three-piece Fuchs alloys.

And while it looks decidedly old-school on the outside, nearly all of the body panels are new, carbonfibre ones (coated in lurid Racing Orange paint). There's trick new active aerodynamics and a host of modern kit inside, while even the headlights are bi-xenon.

Singer describes it as 'the love child of a 1967 911S, a 1973 911 Carrera RS and a 1996 993 RS'. Prices haven't been announced yet, but needless to say you'll probably have to have fallen in love with the Singer 911 to justify the cost.

Singer-01.jpg

Singer-02.jpg

Singer-03.jpg

Well sorry guys but for me the overall car does not look right... There is something that makes it unreal/fake :dont know:

Theo

theogeor said:
Well sorry guys but for me the overall car does not look right... There is something that makes it unreal/fake :dont know:

Theo

It is the wheel offsets that is the problem.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back