Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

adjusting headlights on 997 C4S

ahmedz

Can someone help before i cause some poor soul to crash...my headlights are allover the place adn constantly get people complaining thinking ive got my beams on. The issue is that tehy are pointing way to upwards and hit the driver in the front striaght inhis rear view mirror...

Are these easily adjustable?

I assume you have Litronics so those are auto adjustable and no need to do anything. Maybe the self leveling is not working properly???? Or maybe the lights are bright as they are supposed to be..??

Theo

theogeor said:
I assume you have Liptronics ...

Wow, I've seen some typos before: Triptronics, Zenons etc

But "Liptronics", sounds like some of the proprietary electronics/hydraulics in a Fembot!

S's all had Litronics/xenons as standard. Although "auto levelling", that is only relative - they don't actually know where they are pointing, they have no "spirit-level" device etc.

The units need to be aligned in PDI (and therefore missed or I guess can lose alignment from trauma or loose securing bolts etc).

The units will need to be "zeroed" so the auto-levelling can move them from a predefined position.

This is theoretically "DIY", but would suggest you ask an OPC.

If you want to fiddle you need to get the low-beam setting to dip 1% on level ground. The adjustment method should be outlined in your manual under the bulb change section. The adjustment screws are accessible behind boot carpet.

If the light "moves" around on its own and you think they are loose you need to check the locating plates in the wings, remove lamp units as per manual with special key in tool kit.

If you are on doubt, ask OPC to check - they might even do it for free!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back