Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Sport Classic - do I need therapy!

Bieldside

Have been reading about the 911 Sport Classic to be released in 2010

Have had thoughts of going for broke and buying one but the price differential is huge

Should I spend the money on therapy!

Is it way too much for a top top spec C2S - very different though

Thoughts welcomed

Way overprice and I think those bodykit spoil the classic 911 lines.
I think the best looking 911 is the one posted a few months ago in Pistonhead. Its call Pon Edition---available in Holland only!

Bieldside said:

Have had thoughts of going for broke and buying one but the price differential is huge

Thoughts welcomed

I'll happily be your therapist :puh:

So is this what we all believed was the 998 being tested?

Double roof, pipes and spoiler suggest it might be!

Sorry if someone's already said this. I'm in Schiphol Airport and my flight was called 5min ago!!!!

lp1967 said:
Double roof, pipes and spoiler suggest it might be!
!

Spoiler is more of a marketing ploy

although that Domed Roof is of interest as it all depends on what data Porsche release about it's benefits

:?:

2 units have been assigned to SA. Its priced crazy but then its still cheaper than what a used Gallardo sells for in this country....between the 2 there simply is no choice. If POrsche SA give me enough back for my wife's 997 Carrera S Cab....i would do the deal with a beeg smile on my dial :lol: :lol: . The car is beautiful, rare and special. They should really have perked up the performance though and offered some kind of LIGHT version too.

Bieldside said:

Thoughts welcomed

Did you buy the car

If only they had known back in 2009 :grin: :grin: :grin:

If only they had known back in 2009 :grin: :grin: :grin:

:floor:

Back in 2013 Chester OPC had one outside in the rain for £155k

In 2011 Paragon had a 12 month old one with 72 miles on it for sale at £139,995.

After several months it was reduced to £119,995.

8 years on .......... a similar car has just been sold at auction for over £500k.

So no, I'm conclusion the OP does not need therapy. Or they may do if they did not buy one!

And actually it brings into focus the relative value of a GTS which is mechanically identical.

Robertb said:
So no, I'm conclusion the OP does not need therapy. Or they may do if they did not buy one!

And actually it brings into focus the relative value of a GTS which is mechanically identical.

I agree Rob - aside from the very limited prodn. numbers and aesthetics, very much the same.

They are all wide bodied I think but is it 2 or 4 wd? Pdk or manual?
I know it's got the mag.double bubble roof, Fuchs and ducktail / front aero, and only came in that greyish shade. Are they all coco and houndstooth inserts inside - beautiful and interesting interior. Perhaps inspiration for the R?

As you can probably tell, I've never seen one....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back