Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

would any enthusiast use normal unleaded on C2S 997 ?

55jim55

I'm embroiled in a dispute with the taxman on this issue- can anyone offer thoughts/opinions

Well... recomendation in the Car manual is Super Unleaded 98... So show that as evidence. It will not be your word againts them any more..

Theo

Really?

You mean the Taxman is questioning why you use 98 (or higher) RON instead of 95 RON?

Tell him 98 RON+ provides more MPG and its what the manual states in any case :nooo: I've never heard the Taxman question that one before.

[edit]

What Theo said. :thumb:

:welcome:

As above, show the taxman the manual which says 98!

Last time I filled up, Fuel Duty + VAT was one heck of a lot more than Corporation Tax, so I don't see why HMRC should have a problem with it?

But, in any case and as others have said, the owners handbook and the inside of the filler cap both say use 98 octane.

unleaded

You must have your wires crossed somewhere. If you are registered for VAT and pay the scale quarterly charge as per your C/O emmisions, and you run a legitimate business that keeps records of the use of the vehicle in relation to its purpose for the business you can claim for any fuel you wish, never in all my years have I ever heard of this anomaly, a register is normally required for private use if the vehicle is solely for business, ie a mileage book, and you must keep and enter all reciepts. Mike

thanks for the replies folks. should add weight to my argument.

basically i have been unable to prove i did not use company funds to fuel my porsche and the burden of proof lies with the taxpayer (guilty till proven innocent).

i'm compiling an argument regarding all credit card receipts are for normal unleaded so how come etc etc.

only in the UK could this happen !!!!

if only i was an MP eh ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back