Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flatblade

herbie911

Just fitted some chrome wheelbolt this weekend and spend 4 hours cleaning my toy just before the heavens open. Very happy with the look of the car except one thing. Why every German car got flatblade except Porsche. They were brilliant on my BMW---leave no streak and make absolutely no noises even when the windscreen was dirty.

Just wonder whether the 22 inch Bosch Aerotwin will fit my Gen 2 997? Tried a few website, Im a bit disappointed no big companies do one for our car!

Passenger side wiper on a 997 is curved - blades don't do this afaik.

I was asking about this the other day at OPC, they do them for the rear but not for the front.

I have heard two reasons, poor performance at high speed and the shape of window.

I have seen many use aftermarket aero blades, although this would have an affect on the warranty.

Thanks for replying. I will tried to contact UK importer for Borsch directly this week!
So far, there are only two that do one for our car.
Storm from Eurocarparts (V. cheap) and XOPC extreme silicone flatblade (V. expensive). My friend told me Valeo silencio may also fit!
I don't think a non-opc wiper going to affect your right if your engine blown-up due to an undelying fault. However, if the wiper motor pack-up, they might blame the non-opc item!

I think the extended warranty is completely different. I will read the small print carefully before I take the plunge next year!

Pork Sword,
You don't mind telling us which one you had tried?
Herbie

Pork Sword said:
I can't remember the brand (maybe unbranded?) but I think (not 100% sure) I bought them from www.wiperblades.co.uk
Thanks Pork Sword.
I had contacted them before. They told me Bosch do an OE for a 997 but they cannot find a Aerotwin one for our car.
I assume they supply you a set from their own label which cost around £7 each!
Being a Porsche OCD sufferer, I will get some answers towards the end of this week.

I bought some non bosch flat blades, they judder and flap around at the ends where the screen curves, I wont be doing that again

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back