Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Options - Dynamic Cornering Lights

Talisker

In order to get the end of year discount on a new model, I didn't get to choose what I got. I thought it might be useful to raise a thread on the options as I was surprised with some of them

I was sceptical about the cornering lights and I wouldn't have bothered. I WAS WRONG! They are absolutley awesome, they angle the lights by up to 15 degrees as your corner.

They move quicker than I do, it was a little disconcerting at first. The really sad thing is turning on the Xenon lights. They lift, crossover and then settle down, though this may not be related to the dynamic cornering option. Still cool

Talisker said:
They move quicker than I do, it was a little disconcerting at first. The really sad thing is turning on the Xenon lights. They lift, crossover and then settle down, though this may not be related to the dynamic cornering option. Still cool
That is related to the cornering action as well as the self-levelling aspect.

I have these lights on my RRS and agree they are awesome. On the RRS I also have additional cornering lights that shine at 45 degrees to light the kerb when turning at low speed (or indicating below 30 mph). The whole system is quite literally 'brilliant' - especially on hairpin pends in the mountains. :thumb:

i have these cornering lights / a similar set up on the BMW and it works brilliantly. Also has auto-dipping main beam which works better than one would imagine

tim993 said:
i have these cornering lights / a similar set up on the BMW and it works brilliantly. Also has auto-dipping main beam which works better than one would imagine

Is that the Porsche or BMW that auto dips? If the Porsche do you have to enable auto dipping?

Talisker said:
tim993 said:

Is that the Porsche or BMW that auto dips? If the Porsche do you have to enable auto dipping?

its the BMW - and on that you can enable / disable

i don't know if Porsche offer this feature?

Sounds like it is the same system as was on my TT - crossing over when switching them on for the first time. I miss them. :sad:

The kerb lighting system on the RR sounds great as well - must be very useful for dark junctions as with such bright headlights (your own!) I regularly find I cannot see a darn thing left or right.

It's funny though, kerb lighting has been around for years. Back in 92 the Nissan Maxima had kerb lighting. Funny how some things take a while to take on.

Jeff said:
It's funny though, kerb lighting has been around for years. Back in 92 the Nissan Maxima had kerb lighting. Funny how some things take a while to take on.

Long before that the Citroen SM had adaptive front lighting too... (and a fair few more innovations to go with rather a special engine :thumb: )

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back