Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After the C2S...

The XKR is certainly 'softer'. The sport tuned suspesion on this one seems to bring the set-up of the car a little more toward say normal PASM than a standard car. But ride and feel are definitely more GT than 'sports' but still trreemendous fun.

Power delivery is completely different, more hesitant to start with and then totally ballistic as the supercharger kicks in.

A to B over the twisties I reckon I'd out gun a 997 purely becuase I'd have more confidence provided by the feel of the car rather than a result of the car's ability....

... and that's really the main aspect I've really noticed. I didn't shirk away from pushing on a bit in the 997 but it did test the ends of my comfort zone sometimes. Whilst I never believed I would lose the back end it often felt like I was about to. Driving the Jag has reminded me how much the 911 experinece is so unique in how the car feels because of its design and where the engine is - I think that's a good thing - and no amount of chassis tinkering will take that away.

I think I always believed in the 911's I owned but did I ever trust them? That's why I know at some future point I'll be back to gain that trust! maybe in a GT£ or GT2! :D

For now though I'm in Jaguar heaven.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back