Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Pre Inspection 111 point check - what is it?

ResB said:
But to answer the OP's original question I asked for a copy of the checklist and was refused it!! :puh:
I was given a copy of the form once they'd completed the check on my Boxster last month. That's OPC Silverstone.

Pork Sword said:
My car went through the 111 point check prior to me buying the car... ...didn't perform the required check...

IMO, OPC's are wasters!
We bought from Porsche Mid-Sussex and I was given a copy of the 111 point check with the vehicle documentation. 3 months on, I'm entirely happy with the results. :bye:

I've heard of nightmares from OPCs and also indies, but I'd bought mine without the check in January - just got a good vibe about the car - the history looked good - only 1 owner, reasonable miles, and the indie (portiacraft) gave me their in house warranty - that to me was enough.

I've had no probs with it at all. Portiacraft were happy for me to get an independent inspection (which you could do) - but this could cost a few hundred quid too - for me this money was saved!

My mate recently bought a boxster from an opc - he's had loads of probs and just last week rejected the car - and they are now sorting the paperwork so that he gets his money back etc!

So moral of the story - how rich are you and judge each car individually!

If I want an extended OPC warranty on a 2nd hand car, even from a private trade, do I need to get a clean 111 point check report from an POC to then apply for the warranty?

If you want the Porsche Extended Warranty you "have" to have the official 111 point check carried out. This check identifies any work that needs rectifying before the new warranty can be issued.

This could mean tyres, brake discs (cracked), battery, clutch which are all not even covered by the warranty in any case but they will expect the car to be tip top and with no non Porsche mods. :dont know:

ResB said:
This could mean tyres, brake discs (cracked), battery, clutch which are all not even covered by the warranty in any case but they will expect the car to be tip top and with no non Porsche mods. :dont know:

And do I not like that :frustrated:

You also need to be the new owner of the car for 90 days before you can apply for an official warranty.

As for the original question, most dealers with nothing to hide will permit you to carry out a 111 point check and will probably agree to remedy any issues arising however it is more than likely that you will have to pay for the check itself.

I'm told but am not a solicitor to give 100% accurate info
If you pay a deposit on a vehicle with the stipulation that the vehicle passes an inspection, you have made that part of the contract of sale.
If the car fails the inspection, the contract of sale means that the vendor puts everything right at his expense.
or you could decide to have your deposit refunded for breach of contract.

Me thinks theres one or two dealers you might not want to push this approach with!! and theres one or two old wise ones who might not take your deposit pre inspection.

Free 111 point check

Had one recently:

both condensers damaged

play in both front struts

sump gasket leaking

silencers starting to split

rears tyres illegal

Then the technician said the car was in very good condition for its year(99') and mileage(80k) 'Most cars of this age are usually a lot worse!' :dont know:

Its difficult to know how much is genuine or not :?:

Silencers starting to split - mine are the same but you don't need to change them until they do split and leak, surely?

Tyres - you can easily check this yourself, look for the tread depth indicator blocks between the treads.

Sump gasket - how much oil is it losing/leaving on your driveway?

whaletail said:
Silencers starting to split - mine are the same but you don't need to change them until they do split and leak, surely?

Tyres - you can easily check this yourself, look for the tread depth indicator blocks between the treads.

Sump gasket - how much oil is it losing/leaving on your driveway?

Actually AC still works though not that cold, no leaks/stains on my garage floor so can't be that bad I guess

Price of Porsche 111 point inspection car check

Anyone know how much this would cost for a 993 ?
thanks

MOD UPDATE : no need for CAP LOCKS !

As they charge £211.50 when inspecting for a Porsche approved warranty i cant see how they could charge anymore
But some OPC have a reduced labour rate for older cars, so you might be lucky and get it done for a little less

its not so much the cost of the warranty but the cost of the works required to bring it up to their standard.

i took my car to a porsche centre,near, chester for this to extend the existing warranty and they came up with a host of jobs that required doing, that were not covered under warranty.

some ok were very marginal, but dirty brake fluid that they had replaced 3 months before!

the service advisor claimed that very very minor surface corrosion on a couple of caliper to flexi pipe pipes had got into the fluid?

if it wasnt my car and costing serious wedge i would have laughed.
she should have been flipping burgers @ macdons, wasnt pretty either,
i go to OPC wilmslow now!

sorry for the rant, back to the thread:

for the Porsche warranty the car has to be less than 10 years old.

Mike
996 C4S

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back