Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dirty Windows - your experiences, please?

I'm afraid new or old, this waist rail seal, can let water by, and water can then build up in the door inners, giving you the described problem.
Best Regards Big Bob

Anyone aware of a fix? I have just dropped my gen 2 off to OPC to fix a few minors (front number plate not horizontal, bose passenger speaker not working). I also asked them to look into the dirty window issue as mine already got streaky marks and it has done 365 miles :pc: - they will look into it but gave me the impression that NO solution is the most likely outcome!

Does the water build-up happen only when you roll down the windows when they are a bit wet?

That's what I thought with my 2007 car, because I bought it in the winter.

However, the new car has dirty marks (no moisture) and has not even been wet yet.

Mind you, I guess it probably has stood outside at dealers, etc. DOH.

:(

OPC East London just replaced my window seal on both sides covered by warranty - hope that does the job!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back