Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Supersport to RSR backdate, now complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
since those photos were taken i have now have my car back finally! Set-up problems dogged the car and slow reactions from omex meant delays getting the car finished.

Car definitely pulls hard and clean now, great MPG using 1/6th of a tank J11 M40 to SW london. Car starts instantly too no long cranking/pedal pumping needed. A few pops and crackles on over run. No smell of fuel from the car either

Gear change feels slick now. Still lacks modern synchro's but the wevo gate kit does guide you hand to the right gear (no more stick in a bag feel). The shortened gear ratio's via the crown and pinion give the car an eager feel. You don't appreciate this so much cruising on the motorway but on the smaller fast road gives the car very torquey/grunty feel

Sound deadening seems to be doing its job drove all the way home no headache. The front right wheel had an air leak this was sent back to braid and fixed under warranty (hassle free). I also knew i had to replace the screaming dashboard fan, once the car home i set about replacing it with a new one from type911. Semi tricky job a few broken finger nails later and we were done. Now i have a nice silent breeze into the cabin (great on these hot days)

One thing that seems to be on the hit list is the suspension. With all the extra power the car easily becomes a handful on rougher roads. the bushes probably have seen better days too a complete refresh seems in order with new adjustable dampers. However i'll not tinker with the car till winter just because i want to bloody drive it.

red LED's for the dials

Attachments

• dsc_0829_medium_845.jpg
    dsc_0829_medium_845.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 8,437
That looks very cool!

Simon , there was a pic of your car on PH in that "rare / supercars spotted" thread.......

:thumb:

thanks although not quite as bright as in the picture i'll have to try them out at night see if they are too dim or not

ty fuchs for the heads up

How did you do that/where did you get them from?

917k said:
How did you do that/where did you get them from?

I got them from Ace parts (part BA7s red). However i will put this caveat on them they are no where near as bight as they appear in the photo (long exposure)

I cant see them working in normal sunlight. I haven't had the chance to test them at night so I don't know if they will be too dim too drive with.

:thumb: looking good Simon

ETA: :floor: at the PH spotted thread..."the driver looked no more than 25".... :wink:

F1_Dragon said:
:thumb: looking good Simon

ETA: :floor: at the PH spotted thread..."the driver looked no more than 25".... :wink:

Aye that made me feel good. Been feeling a bit old lately (hairs thinning out on top). I printed it for prosperity

Attachments

• pheadspotted_387.jpg
    pheadspotted_387.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 7,633
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch