Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Navigation: aftermarket product working with PCM 2.1

Carrera-GTI

Hello,

I've been searching for a way to upgrade a May 2005 997 PCM system to include navigation without losing the original OEM look.

1) Where can I buy the Porsche Navigation unit for less than £1500 Porsche is quoting?

2) The following link is to a Greek store selling an aftermarket product allowing you to enable navigation on a PCM 2.1 while using the PCM buttons to control. I don't understand Greek - please translate if anyone else understands.
The brand is Navngo (www.navngolimousine.com) and this allows you to use 3rd party navigation on the PCM screen (via video input) however the below Greek company claims a way to use the buttons on the PCM itself to control. This sounds great, does anyone have any experience with this?

PS: I would still very much like to hear any recommendation as to where I can buy a Porsche DVD navigation unit (second hand is fine as long as it works) I just find the £1500 price too steep.

http://www.citysound.gr/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=35

Thanks

You just pasted the link I provided in my original post - did you mean to past a differnent link?

Where do you guys new or used spare parts at good prices? I'm particularly keen to see how to get the Porsche Navigation module DVD at a more fair price than what Porsche is quoting. Do these ever appear on eBay and if so would one from USA work in Europe? Thanks.

I can't work out which PCM you have. V2.0 or 2.1? Or are you after the full PCM 2.1 unit itself? Or are you after the Sat Nav DVD? :dont know:

Hi ResB,

It is for a May 2005 997 which already has the PCM head unit but not navigation module. I am not sure whether is PCM 2.0 or 2.1 (do you know or or do you know how to find out please?)?

Would like to upgrade it to have OEM navi but Porsche is quoting £1500...

Thanks

Right, understand now.

You do see the the units come up on E**y now and then but cannot remember what sort of price they go for. I believe you'll need the v2.1 PCM as this plays MP3's and has a few more functions (can't remember what they all are).

There is a way to see what version you have and what firmware is installed but again I can't remember. Someone will be able to help on here I'm sure.

The latest Nav DVD is May 2008 I think, however I believe the May 2007 DVD is exactly the same. You won't find these on E**y and the price is about £400 or so from Porsche.

It gets quite complicated as to what PCM module you need to run the latest firmware which in turn runs the latest Nav DVD so it's better if you speak with the OPC just to make sure you get it from the horses mouth. (It's not forced to be right though!! :grin: )

Thanks!

I should probably confirm the correct parts with Porsche so I know exactly what to look for on eBay.
Alternatively do you know of a vendor who sells parts at a discount to Porsche retailers?

Thanks

I am not aware of a discount Porsche vendor. JZM have given me the best price on consumables in the past, such as brake discs, pads etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back