Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Difference between 911 S and 911

Love my rear wiper, :) A chap today commented thus, 'now thats what I call a car', no one has ever said nice car, but what is that hideous thing clinging to the rear window. :oops:

Can't say i notice it really, just useful at times. I agree though that it was not a major buying decision and if it wasn't there I would not have minded.

The rear wiper is an interesting option. I thought it was useless until I was going driving slowly in a thunderstorm with heavy rain.... but to be honest is not necessary

Theo

If I was buying a new one, I'd have definitely specified the rear wiper :oops:

But on the cab it's not an option ,nor really necessary as the back window isn't that large.........plus for me, being a second car it tends to get used less in the rain.

Interesting re S and non S.....I originally set out to buy a C2S Cab and had some pretty specific options......any non S that I came on the market (and there was one that ticked a lot of boxes) I dismissed unles the price was significantly >£5K) cheaper than a comparable S.....but that's just me, and then I went for a Turbo anyway :lol:

S all the way for me. Was looking for 996 C4S until 997 prices dropped, and despite the minimal performance difference etc there IS a difference, and this is reflected in residuals (and will be even more so as they age). Fortunately the price I paid for mine was the same as non-S cars too!

I kiss my S badge every time I wash it. But bloody hell am I sick of trying to get the hair from the wash mitt from behind it :x

I try to take care but G's mitts do shed fibres which seem to accumulate no matter how careful I am :dont know:

So for that reason I say everyone should buy a non-S variant :grin:

thus increasing the resale value of my S even more :thumb: :wink: :puh:

anyone got any tweezers :oops:

Whay he said + 1, can I borrow the tweezers too, almost ripped the s off during one pass :frustrated:

uuf361 said:
I dismissed unles the price was significantly >£5K) cheaper than a comparable S.....but that's just me
Yes and the non S is £7k cheaper to begin so in terms of residuals it works out the same.

At the end of the day, having weighed up the miniscule performance differences between the latest models, (not to mention the fact that the lighter non S felt more agile to drive) I prefered the non S option and the feeling of +£7k left in my pocket.

As said before I had to make a decision between an older S with higher millage and non S with low millage and much younger but with excellent specs and I went for the non S and never looked back.
And one more thing... It looks like non S are more rare in the UK at least!!!!! :D
And the last thing..... S/Non S etc... who cares... Its a GREAT GREAT car and for the average person is a dream...

Theo

Jamie said:
I agree that both cars are superb! But if it just came down to £/performance there are better value cars than a 911 out there. Consider a new GT-R isntead of a new 911. A 911 is to a degree a fashion icon, and so is an 'S'

The fact remains rightly or wrongly that performance aside that an 'S' model is still more desireable so despite paying more up front for an 'S' you should make some of that back on re-sale.

I for one like the fact mine has red brakes, an S badge on the back and knowing it has a few more toys when in reality a 996 C2 pre-facelift would more than satisfy my needs - but I didn't want one, I wanted a 997 C2S.

To all buyers out there, I would rather have a mint 997 C2 than a dog of a C2S so as with everything you set your maximum budget and you buy the best condition, best model you can buy.

Just like the other 'cheap, performance' cars out there (Scooby, Mitsubishi Evo), there are hidden costs to getting more power for your money - unreliability, frequent clutch / gearbox / drive train repairs, short service intervals, extreme Insurance costs, plus the fact that when you crash them you die.

The Porker is a proper sports car, and when other manufacturers put a huge engine into a saloon car, there are issues that come up from time to time.

Plus the fact that my better half will not be seen dead in a rice burner....

LOJO

So does the S have the PSE or just different pipe exists?
Also, is the bosy styling exactly the same between the S and non S (lip spoilers etc)?

The PSE is an optional extra on the S variant. The S has the twin pipes on each side and the non-S the single large oval ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back