Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wide body 997?

Carrera-GTI

Hello - I'm looking for a second hand 997 and have seen a few C2S where description mentions "wide body".

I was under the impression this wasn't a factory option for C2/C2S but only something which C4/C4S cars have?

Please advise as I'm not sure I even like wide body and would like to know if this is something I can steer around and avoid or if some sellers just seem to think a standard 997 looks pretty wide?

Would anyone have a link to pictures of a wide and standard 997?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

You are right,
only the turbo and c4s are wider, although there isnt much difference. Th e 997 is wide standard, unlike the 996, that is much narrower, so the wide bodied turbo and c4s is much wider and very easy to tell on the 996. :thumb:

The 4S, Turbo and GT3 RS are all wider. I can personally notice the difference from quite far away on the road and the 4S looks more aggressive.. It's noticeable even more so with the Gen 2 as it has the red strip across the engine lid similar to the 996C4S.

I think it is more difficult to tell from pictures.

Regards
EliteDetailer :thumb:

All 997s are wide bodied except the C2, C2S and GT3. The wide body starts immediately after the rear trailing edge of the doors and is 22mm wider each side than the 2wd models mentioned above.

~ Maxie

I think im right in saying the best seeling 997 by far is the c2s, so to say all are wide bodied apart from a few, the c2s included, isnt quite right!
So, as said earlier., only the turbo and c4s have a wider rear arse!!
cheers
Jay :bandit:

For the 997 all of them are wide body but the 4 & 4s etc are wider... Basically all of them have a wide a..!!!!!!!

jldbeemer said:
I think im right in saying the best seeling 997 by far is the c2s

You may be right in stating that but it wasn't the answer to the question asked by the OP. Of course the narrow-bodied C2S is the best selling 997 model but most variants of 997 (C4, C4S, Targa4, Targa4S, Turbo, GT3RS & GT2) are wide-bodied. If one ever comes, the Turbo S will also invariably be wide-bodied too.

~ Maxie

Thanks for all your inputs - clarifies a great deal.

Just one last thought though - was the wider body available as an option to the normally narrow bodied 997's?

Thanks

Maxie said:
All 997s are wide bodied except the C2, C2S and GT3. The wide body starts immediately after the rear trailing edge of the doors and is 22mm wider each side than the 2wd models mentioned above.

~ Maxie

Thought it has 22mm overall...11mm each side :?: My 997 C2 is a non S and find it a lot wider than my last 996 C2! Is the track of the car wider then or just the body?

It is 44mm wider overall so 22mm each side - 100% on that.

I think the difference is over the rear axle only?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back