Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PASM / ABS Failure or not?

RedJedi

Suzuka
On Saturday, after filling up - I got the warning light that ABS has failed and also PASM! Managed to get home ok, switched engine off, and restarted - no warnings now - all ok.

Took the car for a spin yesterday - all ok too!

Now, I phone OPC service desk - they would like me to bring it in for a diagnostic (£80 + vat) and its not under warranty! As I've only had it for 6 months - it still has indie dealer warranty, who said that this sometimes happens when you have just filled up - anyone know anything like this?

I experienced similar behaviour when my battery was on the way out. Probably unliklely if you filled up after a run, but it might be worth a check anyway.

Cheers,
Roy

How odd...exactly same happened to me at the weekend....at Petrol station & now all is fine

if you have a flat battery PSM/ pasm failure can come on,
when you switch off the ignition and restart it should go out

The PCM navigation can also go into a semi sleep mode and keep telling you to re insert dvd, drive the car for 30 mins switch on & off and will work ok, assuming the battery is OK of course

bigfish said:
How odd...exactly same happened to me at the weekend....at Petrol station & now all is fine

I was told that this is a common prob, after filling up - if it happens again - it could be battery - but just to keep a check on it.

Dont want to pay for a diagnostic if it is not needed - I am not good friends with OPCs at the moment!

Same thing happened to me a while ago - turned out to be the alternator that was overcharging the battery and eventually cooked it. Had to replace both the battery and alternator

I had this problem and it turned out to be a faulty brake light switch (the brake lights were on all the time). The cruise stopped working too.

So the ABS / PASM warning light is pretty useless, as a whole load of other things cause it to ome on :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back