Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM add ons

ianramsden

I've got a 55 plate 911 C2S cabrio and thinking about making a couple of changes...basically, I'm thinking about getting the TOOKIPOR bluetooth kit which means I can have bluetooth functionality and control the telephone through the PCM...at the moment I need to keep taking my sim out of the phone and don't want a seperate number (ie a PAYE sim).

Also, whilst I'm at it also thinking about getting the POR-IPOD kit installed which means I can access all my tunes with full control of the iPod from the PCM2 Unit.

The web site below shows the kit although I may get it bought and installed via a different supplier:

http://www.nav.tv/category/7/76/177

So I guess my questions are:

1. Does anyone have the kits I mentioned installed and how happy are you?
2. Any recommendations re: suppliers and fitters (ideally in North West)

Cheers

I don't have experience of the POR kit and it from their website it looks good. However, be aware that if you have a Porsche extended warranty, fitting either of these devices will almost certainly invalidate it.

Unless of course you can persuade your friendly local OPC to install them for you :nooo:

£500+ fitting for bluetooth is beyond even what I would consider worthwhile :eek: Spoke to them (or was it higher octane who sell the similar mObridge unit) late last year about possible group buy - like the PSE one we did last year - but the offer wasn't even worthwhile. 10% if I got 10 people! Enough hassle getting the PSE deal sorted with all the 'what ifs' and 'I can get it cheaper heres' so I haven't bothered.

But, if someone could get a better deal I might be up for it.......... :D

I have the por - ipod fitted to my car (on when I purchased it) from Nav TV. My experience is:

Very good installation, Ipod lead patched through to the glove box and I have had no issues with this install yet. Works very well especially through he Bose speaker system.

Not so good. On mine any way you dont have full control of your ipod, although most that you need are their. I cannot for instance get it to random play my tracks, which is annoying for me. I also find it difficult to use the playlists from the ipod. It may be me but as I said it does say in the instructions that not all ipod functions are available.

The one you get may be better and updated, best to check it meets your needs

I have the Tookai bluetooth kit fitted to my PCM2. It is an excellent piece of kit. pairs instantly and gives you access to all your phone numbers. It is pricey, but much cheaper and much better than the porsche OE offering.

I have the mObridge and it is let down by having to fudge the PCM CD interface to deliver iPod functionality.

Annoying stuff like a playlist only has 99 tracks then you have to select "next page" to get tracks 100-198 and so on...

Also only 150 numbers will synch to the PCM from your phone. Interestingly it is NUMBERS not contacts....so Stef mobile, Stef home, Stef work is 3 numbers....

Unfortunately these are PCM issues and not fixable by any of the aftermarket kit...

I've looked into this - and so far there doesn't seem to be anything on the market which fulfils needs by 100%!

I've got a PAYG sim in at the mo - i just activate call divert and that works fine. With iPod - I use the radio tuner - not perfect - but does the job!

Be interested to see if there is newer offerings now!

I am interested in the bluetooth.... that way it would work the way that it should have in the first place!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back