Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche has almost 3,000 advance Panamera orders

Porsche News

Porsche SE, said it has almost 3,000 orders for the new four-door Panamera model, two months before the vehicle reaches showrooms.

Buyers new to the Porsche brand are likely to account for 80 percent to 85 percent of Panamera buyers, Christian Dau, a spokesman, told reporters at the carmaker's Stuttgart, Germany, headquarters. Porsche is sticking to a target of selling 20,000 Panameras in the fiscal year starting in August, he said.

'None of our previous model lines has ever before yielded such high interest so early," Dau said. 'This shows what we've said all along, that this car is coming at the best possible time."

The Panamera, which cost 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) to develop and is priced starting at almost 94,600 euros, is the first new Porsche product since the Cayenne sport-utility vehicle became the third model in the company's lineup in 2002.

The car will be delivered in Germany starting in September and in the U.S. a month later. The model is part of Porsche's strategy of stemming a sales decline caused by the recession. The company's North American vehicle deliveries fell 36 percent in the six months through June, and global sales in the fiscal first half ended Jan. 31 dropped 27 percent.

Attachments

• panamera1_191.jpg
    panamera1_191.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,110
I can see why. I've totally fallen for this car and think it will be a great success for Porsche. I can see one being added to our household but not as a new buy, will wait for the depreciation to hit first...

Taran :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back