Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPCs - watch out!

Pete Hadfield said:
996UFO said:
Charging for getting rid of the leaves and the cost of one of the horns is bad.

What voltage is your alternator charging at? 13.8V ?

Just thought, ironic that OPC's charge too much and then they criticise your alternator for not charging enough :D

are you sure the £150 for the Horn wasn't anything to do with looking at the birds on the reception desk?

One of the birds is more expensive than £150/hr :wink:
How do you know that Peter? :hand:

I met my wife there :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

daogle said:
No but have dealt with Solihull which is only up the road and they have been. good. Kerry in service especially. Don't know now though after being sold

I've recently been speaking to them(kerry), service wise they have been very good which is a bonus after the sales department lost me as a customer for life..
Sadly they were too busy and would take over a week to book me in for tyres. And Yes they were the cheapest quote going!!!

garyw

Regarding Hoovering out the leaves
i had OPC Guildford ask me 3 times if i wanted that done to a car

The senior tech at OPC Exeter still doesnt believe me

Because

If you look at the jobs to do list on a service it is one of the jobs INCLUDED in the list that forms part of the service

mark pearce said:
Regarding Hoovering out the leaves
i had OPC Guildford ask me 3 times if i wanted that done to a car

The senior tech at OPC Exeter still doesnt believe me

Because

If you look at the jobs to do list on a service it is one of the jobs INCLUDED in the list that forms part of the service

Have a look in your service record books chaps - it says it in there!

I never use OPCs for servicing or anything else for that matter.
Main reasons are:
(a) they seem to think that older porsche models (993 in my case) are second class
(b) they have a remarkably supercilious attitude generally (I don't know why this is because washing machine, etc salesman doesn't usually have this rather inflated opinion of themselves)
(c) they often put trainees on to service the cars (I know that these guys have to learn somewhere, but I don't want them doing it on my car - selfish, I know).
IMHO you can find a really good independant in just about every part of the country. They will be enthusiasts of the marque, knowledgeable & almost certainly better value. Much more interesting to talk to as well.
The stamps in your book will be just as good if they are from a recognised independant & I'd certainly be happier to see those rather than OPC if I was buying another 3+ year old car.

To be honest, I'd be more impressed by Indy stamps than OPC ones as it meant there was a good chance that the work had been carried out correctly, using the right parts and by someone who cared.

As for the receptionists, Posh Spice lookalikes don't do it for me at all. Especially when they persistently put you through to Sales instead of Parts like you asked - is it a ploy or can they just not work a phone? :frustrated:

Dave said:
The guys at OPC Mid Sussex are very good 8)

+1

They were always good when I took HD1 in there and SO1 will be going in for a service this week so I'm hoping for the same level of good service :)

timm996 said:
Well I popped into Notts OPC to get a price.
I picked up a secondhand 3 spoke steering wheel to replace the four spoke and needed an airbag..........

.......... he goes off into the workshop with the wheel
a long time later reappears
He comes back really pleased with himself after solving an incredidibly complex mystery that would taken a lesser man days to work out. We have done some detective work, its from a later car, after looking at lots of files, we have found it ( shows me the exploded drawing with the parts) it will be 600 + vat.
What he should have come back and said was:

"Do you want the leatherette airbag, leatherette airbag with embossed crest, leather airbag, leather airbag with embossed crest, or leather airbag with colour crest. And do you want that in black, classic grey, midnight blue, chestnut brown, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....."

There are about 60 airbags for the 3-spoke wheel. :? :?

Any independants in mid sussex apart from Parr? I bought my car from Ray Northway and can certainly recommend him as an indy around Reading area, very reasonable and a proper mechanic rather than an OPC fitter, just a bit far to get to.

I've had mixed feelings on Mid Sussex Porsche, first time I went in I asked for someone to identify my leather colour so that I could order some touch up dye. Waited 45 minutes by the car and the guy didn't come back out.

Later went in to get an oddments tray as I was having a double din satnav dvd fitted and needed to convert the fascia, and parts dept couldn't have been more helpful and looked up the correct part no trouble.

There are about 60 airbags for the 3-spoke wheel. :? :?

I was wearing my submariner and my kids were sitting in a TT. The man could tell I wasn't a leatherette type of guy :nooo:

I have to say I have never experienced any of the above bad service at OPC Cardiff. Martin Wright there always looks after me and my 996 Turbo.

They also work on mates 964 and 993's as well.

A very good customer service. Can't comment on the pretty receptionist though as Ive never seen her.

The service guys in Chiswick - Charlie in particular - are fantastic. They look after my 993 for me and if anything goes wrong I know I can pop in /call up and its fixed for me.
Also had experience of the old Camtune - now Porsche Byfleet - and again excellent
So I have no bad stories of OPCs

Now the sales guys - different story unless they know you are a service customer and a serious buyer

Trouble is I expect is that too many people wander in to look and have no intention of buying - how do you decide as a sales person who to look after and who to ignore

It was at Chiswick where they asked me for £40 to hoover out the leaves. I said don't bother I would do it myself at home, so the service rep said he would ask the guys to do it and he would throw it in as a freebee....

Was impressed until I see now that it is part of the standard service ?!

LOJO

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back